Female showing signs that she

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlee0332

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why??? She has the vertical lines down her sides that she is ready to mate, but she's not near a male... Infact, I dont even have a male in my house... Is this just something they do, or is something "turning her on" (lol)? Will this cause a problem for her to be full of eggs that dont get used, or no big deal?

Vertical bars can also be a display of dominance... are there other fish in her tank? :)
My females are constantly full of eggs... it's nothing to worry about. They'll either be released and eaten or reabsorbed into their bodies.

okay, good :)

Um, there is 3 frogs in there with her, would she be showing them whose boss? She's not near another tank, so shes not doing that at another neighboring tank...

Haha, she might be showing the frogs who's boss! :lol:

Dont breed bettas unless you have the time and money. Or if you have enough tanks for them but if you have all that Go right ahead :)

Snailguy101 said:
Dont breed bettas unless you have the time and money. Or if you have enough tanks for them but if you have all that Go right ahead :)
ummm ... ahem....that comment seems a tad uncalled for. Where in mlee0332's post does it say he wanted to or plans to breed?
Not to mention, I think mlee knows that already by some of his past posts

I thought the question was about mating behaviour without a male :blink:

But anyway .... My females are on the total opposite side of the room from any males and they "bar up" at each other all the time :fun:

Oh hey .... if you dont mind me asking ... where in SC are ya?

Most reactions

trending

Back