Female Or Young Male?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fee de mer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
she/he has built a bubble nest and has very long ventral fins but does not flare could she infact be a young male? i rescued it as a female 2 days ago, it has a very bent spine and does not swim much

Attachments

• agehsje.JPG
    agehsje.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 78
I'd have to say that she is a female. I have one that looks so much like that and she is a female. Also, it might not be very common, nor is it a bad thing but female betta fish build bubble nests too.

Females rarely build nests, as i said I am 99% sure thats a male, if you can get a picture of the nest, I'll be able to tell for sure ;)

yeah sorry lilfishie i did believe you just wanted a general consensus ill take a picture of the nest in a bit

yeah sorry lilfishie i did believe you just wanted a general consensus ill take a picture of the nest in a bit

I know exactly what you mean don't worry :) I currently have a very confusing 1, I am certain its male but it sulks don't move or eat when alone, yet when with the females is like a new fish!

thats exactly what my male is like i had to move his tank next to the females when i was decorating my room and he went mad :p

:lol: they are such silly fish! He's been living with my females for nearly 2 months now of course I monitor them like a hawk!

need a better pic of the fish not resting on the bottom and not so "head on"...ive had a few females who regularly built nests. And they were VT so easy to identify the sex.
cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back