Female Opaline Gourami aggressive to rubber lip?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

endilliteracy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just added a rubber lip plec to my tank a few days ago. For the most part, my female Opaline Gourami would keep to herself and usually just stay by the plants or lay in "her hole" that I dug her in the gravel. :lol: I watched my fish for about an hour today and it seems as though my Gourami likes chasing the rubber lipped plec??? She doesn't nip at him, just kind of chases him and follows him. Is she just amazed and interested, or does she see him as a threat/snack? :lol:

My pregnant dalmation molly has also been chasing the opaline gourami around lately, but she hasn't done it today.

Is this just normal fish behavior or do I have some fish bullies? :dunno:

I would doubt that your gourami could do the plec any damage, they are pretty tough skinned, its probably just interested in the new tank mate and the plec does not want it getting too close.

Jon

jflowers said:
I would doubt that your gourami could do the plec any damage, they are pretty tough skinned, its probably just interested in the new tank mate and the plec does not want it getting too close.

Jon
Okay, that is what I supposed. :nod: The plec doesn't want anything to do with the gourami and thinks she is weird. :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Back