Female molly spitting out food?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Guppy breeder<>

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I have a yellowish female molly and recently she has been eating less. 2 days ago she started spitting out her food after eating it. I looked closely at her and am sure that she spits out the whole food after eating it. I feed her quality flakes and some live food as treats once in a while. My other mollies spit out food to break it down into smaller pieces then they eat it. But she is different. She spits out the WHOLE flake. Could it be because of stress? She has another female dalmatian molly in her tank and the dalmatian molly likes to bully other fish. The dalmatian molly does nip at my yellow female molly quite a lot. My yellow molly HAS started losing weight. So I know that something is wrong. Any help would be appreciated :)
-Siyona

It does sound more like stress...
Get one of them out of there if the bullying molly is persistant.

Yes, I just tried that and it didn't work. So, I went to my local pet store and bought a different type of red flake food. I tried giving it to her and she ate it! I will try giving the new fish food again in the evening. If she eats it again then the problem is solved.

Most reactions

Back