Lauren Olivia

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Tank size: 105L
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20ppm
tank temp: 26.7

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):
Behaviour all normal and eating but on one side of the fish just behind the head and below the spine there is a small indentation. The scales are still intact and there is no sign of if being physical damage but itā€™s as if thereā€™s a little dip. It makes it look as if she is ver underweight on one part but on the other side she looks perfectly healthy. Colours are as usual and behaviour as usual. A little chasing ever so often but no real conflict. Photo included is of the side where she looks thin due to the indent but the other side looks healthy.
Volume and Frequency of water changes:
Around 25% every 2 weeks depending on levels, heavily planted tank
Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:
A little fertiliser for plants but no medications
Tank inhabitants: small female betta sorority of 5 and 4 guppies and some neon tetras.

Attachments

• D580B77E-CAB5-43FD-8BF4-DC85B1F4330F.jpeg
    D580B77E-CAB5-43FD-8BF4-DC85B1F4330F.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 83
Tank size: 105L
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20ppm
tank temp: 26.7

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):
Behaviour all normal and eating but on one side of the fish just behind the head and below the spine there is a small indentation. The scales are still intact and there is no sign of if being physical damage but itā€™s as if thereā€™s a little dip. It makes it look as if she is ver underweight on one part but on the other side she looks perfectly healthy. Colours are as usual and behaviour as usual. A little chasing ever so often but no real conflict. Photo included is of the side where she looks thin due to the indent but the other side looks healthy.
Volume and Frequency of water changes:
Around 25% every 2 weeks depending on levels, heavily planted tank
Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:
A little fertiliser for plants but no medications
Tank inhabitants: small female betta sorority of 5 and 4 guppies and some neon tetras.
The picture is hard to tell where the indent is but Iā€™ve had bettas both male and females with either a small indent or a small bump so Iā€™m assuming itā€™s normal If it is the indent I think it is

The picture is hard to tell where the indent is but Iā€™ve had bettas both male and females with either a small indent or a small bump so Iā€™m assuming itā€™s normal If it is the indent I think it is
Okay, thank you! Just wanted to check it was nothing to worry about as I had never noticed it on any of my bettas before

Most reactions

Back