Female guppy pregnant or just fat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Sstrait

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here not sure if Iā€™m doing this right but I think my guppy fish is pregnant because she recently got huge but doesnā€™t have much of the black near her tail... I just put her in a separate tank (itā€™s a vase thatā€™s all I had On hand) and she is kind of freaking out Iā€™m not sure if i should put her back in the tank or not itā€™s a 10g with other larger fish that will eat the babies... help!!

Attachments

• EABF3A99-815E-492F-B46B-3E1762D0519E.jpeg
    EABF3A99-815E-492F-B46B-3E1762D0519E.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 94
  • EC1B66E3-4BD5-4C6E-B56E-2D6718A2BE2B.jpeg
    EC1B66E3-4BD5-4C6E-B56E-2D6718A2BE2B.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 114
  • A47BC35D-4EE4-44F0-BB2B-01EC7887154C.jpeg
    A47BC35D-4EE4-44F0-BB2B-01EC7887154C.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 126
Can you try to get a closer pic? If you look at her from above do her scales stick out like a pinecone? It is likely that she is pregnant if she has been in a tank with a male at any time in the last 3 months

Wouldnā€™t you be stressed if you were taken out of your home and put in a vase? Put her back in the tank. What is the full stocking of the 10 gal,

Leave her in the main tank and have lots of plants for her to hide in.

She looks gravid (pregnant) but not due for a week or two.

Females can have the black gravid spot or a lighter coloured one. It all depends on what colour the babies are. If the babies are dark skinned the gravid spot will be black. If they are pink or white skinned, you probably won't see the gravid spot.

Wouldnā€™t you be stressed if you were taken out of your home and put in a vase? Put her back in the tank. What is the full stocking of the 10 gal,
Please donā€™t be mean Iā€™m a new fish mom trying to learn but I did but her back after about an hour.

Leave her in the main tank and have lots of plants for her to hide in.

She looks gravid (pregnant) but not due for a week or two.

Females can have the black gravid spot or a lighter coloured one. It all depends on what colour the babies are. If the babies are dark skinned the gravid spot will be black. If they are pink or white skinned, you probably won't see the gravid spot.
The male had clear/white skin as well. Thank you for replying! I put her back in the tank but she doesnā€™t seem to hide even though there are places for her to. I just ordered a breeding tank to put in there so hopefully It all works out! :)

Don't put her in a breeding tank either. Just leave her in the main tank with lots of plants. When is goes into labor, she will hide in the plants and so will the babies. You can then use a small plastic container/ cup to scoop the babies out and put them in a breeding net.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back