Female Guppy acting strange

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Matte99

Reaction score
One of my female guppies has not been acting right for a few days now. She hangs out on the bottom of the tank all day and has refused to eat for 3-4 days now. She swims around very little and spends most of her time in the corners of the tank. Iā€™ve started administering tetra lifeguard a few days ago but I canā€™t tell what is wrong with her. Sheā€™s very lethargic and I know she is not pregnant since there are no males in the tank and Iā€™ve had her for a few months now. All of the other fish are acting normal and the chemistry is good in the tank. She was totally lively just last week. Any help would be appreciated.
image.jpg

might as well almost pregnant

fish are pretty much (99% pregnant) when in fish stores.
one bit of contact with a male and boom
params
tank size
mates

might as well almost pregnant

fish are pretty much (99% pregnant) when in fish stores.
one bit of contact with a male and boom
params
tank size
mates
10 gallon tank
5 male endlers (just got them this week) rehomed all my other fish last week but the guy couldnā€™t take the last female guppy. Eventually want to make this an endler tank.

Parameters:
Nitrate 20 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Alkalinity: 20 ppm
pH: 6.8

10 gallon tank
5 male endlers (just got them this week) rehomed all my other fish last week but the guy couldnā€™t take the last female guppy. Eventually want to make this an endler tank.

Parameters:
Nitrate 20 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Alkalinity: 20 ppm
pH: 6.8
I could be wrong, but Endlers can breed with almost all livebearers I am 95% sure. She could be pregnant with a crossbred endler-guppy!

I could be wrong, but Endlers can breed with almost all livebearers I am 95% sure. She could be pregnant with a crossbred endler-guppy!
I got the endlers a few days ago and they are babies and I plan on moving the female out before they can breed.

no i think in livebearers poecilia can breed with poecilia
which means, yes endler guppies are a thing
I got the endlers a few days ago and they are babies and I plan on moving the female out before they can breed.
they are no longer babies if you can tell they're male
also the main reason may be that there are too many males
you should always have more females than males
1 male to ABOUT 2-3 females
(working with big numbers sometimes ya cant count em all)

no i think in livebearers poecilia can breed with poecilia
which means, yes endler guppies are a thing

they are no longer babies if you can tell they're male
also the main reason may be that there are too many males
you should always have more females than males
1 male to ABOUT 2-3 females
(working with big numbers sometimes ya cant count em all)
Yes. A good ratio if you wish to have a multi-sex aquarium is 3:1 (fem. to male). However, I always recommend more females. A unisex aquarium of single females works best. A unisex aquarium of single males can work but they tend to be far more aggressive...

Most reactions

Back