Female endler has a white colored area on tail? Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

jkkgron2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Last night I noticed my female endler had a white patch on her tail but I couldnā€™t do anything besides trying to separate her last night so I just put her in a container and floated her in my 20 gallon. She jumped out... so no pics since sheā€™s swimming around in the 20 gallon now. The white patch doesnā€™t look fuzzy and it doesnā€™t seem like a bump. It just seems to be in her tail. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s bacterial and since sheā€™s a new addition and gave birth to fry the first day Iā€™m hoping itā€™s stress related and should clear up on its own. What should I do?

Does it look like this? This is fungus that is on the tail of the fish.
Screenshot_20200809-121833_Chrome.jpg

No, it looks like white coloration but it just.. appeared. However, it has gotten worse and larger so I bet itā€™s Columnaris or something similar. She is now isolated in a smallish container until I can get the quarantine tank setup. Hopefully itā€™ll be ready by tonight but Iā€™ve been busy. Right now all the other fish look good and Iā€™m doing waterchanges on both possibly infected tanks in about 2 hours. Iā€™m hoping they donā€™t get sick too.

I would add aquarium salt to help your fish.
Sadly I donā€™t have any. Thankfully all the fish in the 20 look ok. I havenā€™t checked on the 10g yet. I have live plants so I wouldnā€™t be able to use the salt on that tank anyways. For now I guess itā€™s just a wait and see sort of thing.

You can use salt and it wont hurt the plants.
because of past experiences from both me and a lot of my friends, Iā€™m not going to use aquarium salt in my tank. It has killed my plants before. Luckily none of the other fish seem to have it so I think Iā€™m good. Itā€™s hard to tell if the infected female is getting worse or better.

Please try to get pictures:) its impossible to diagnose without

Please try to get pictures:) its impossible to diagnose without
Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s a bacterial infection. Itā€™s spreading quick and doesnā€™t look fuzzy. Iā€™ve tried getting pictures, All of them end up blurry :rolleyes:. I have treatment and Iā€™m pretty certain Iā€™ve dealt with this before (had some guppyā€™s with the same issue). It just looks like her tail has some areas that turned white, itā€™s not sticking out, it doesnā€™t look attached, just white.

Iā€™m going to hold off treating with bacterial meds until I see more fish showing symptoms anyways, for now More waterchanges are The only thing Iā€™m doing. Iā€™m going to try to find a picture of one of my guppies when they were sick, would that work? If I find one Iā€™ll edit it In to this post.

Pic:
1C89A853-B1D9-4012-BA01-A8195694F273.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back