Female bristlenose getting close to males cave

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Whenever my female gets close to my male bristlenose cave. the male chases her away and sheā€™s really fat and looks like she had eggs I donā€™t now why this is happening. Does anyone now.

She just isn't his type? šŸ˜‚
Idk. Fish can he weird sometimes. So can people...
Maybe the lady wants some romantic alone time but the guy just wants alone time period

They may start breeding soon then. I don't know too much about the bristlenose species but usually when a female fish has eggs and is ready to mate the male will usually cooperate.... Then again, you could just have a stubborn male.

They may start breeding soon then. I don't know too much about the bristlenose species but usually when a female fish has eggs and is ready to mate the male will usually cooperate.... Then again, you could just have a stubborn male.
Yeah sheā€™s full of eggs sheā€™s in the cave now so possible spawn thanks for reply ther really nice fish though.

I donā€™t have an egg tumbler so if they do spawn hopefully he doesnā€™t kick them out.

Yeah sheā€™s full of eggs sheā€™s in the cave now so possible spawn thanks for reply ther really nice fish though.
That's great to hear!!! Hopefully it all works out

The male might eat them, might take care of them and might kick them out. If he kicks eggs out put them in a fry box or other container with an air stone. 5 days to hatch and another 5 days before they are ready to eat. Put in small pieces of Zucchini until they recognize it as food then increase the qty so they always have something to eat.

The male might eat them, might take care of them and might kick them out. If he kicks eggs out put them in a fry box or other container with an air stone. 5 days to hatch and another 5 days before they are ready to eat. Put in small pieces of Zucchini until they recognize it as food then increase the qty so they always have something to eat.
Yep Iā€™ll get an air stone

yeah, there's still no eggs and I woke up this morning the male was still trapping the female idk if that's how long it takes her to lay eggs if that's normal but she's definitely the fattest bristlenose in the tank

yeah, there's still no eggs and I woke up this morning the male was still trapping the female idk if that's how long it takes her to lay eggs if that's normal but she's definitely the fattest bristlenose in the tank
I know these are two different species of fish completely but my female peacock gudgeon sometimes stays in the cave for 2-3 days laying eggs.

i have a guppy fry box i made out of a ice cream container with mesh on the bottom do you think that would work.

That's great to hear!!! Hopefully it all works ou
Thers still no eggs but they are still going in the cave together.she fater than ever is this normal it might just take them time to get ready.

That should work good. Put in an air line to assure good circulation and surface agitation for oxygen exchange.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back