Female Betta with large bump?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Betta luv

Reaction score
IMG_20190801_131812.jpg
Hello there my female Betta has a large white lump near her caudal fin I have looked everywhere but can not seem to find out what it is I would be greatly appreciative if someone can help me!

Hello, and Welcome To the forum! :hi:

First of all, beautiful betta fish!

Secondly, I have a couple of questions for you....

What are you water parameters? How long has the tank been setup? How many gallons is the betta in? How often do you clean your filter? Is the white lump on both sides?, or just one side?

A lot of questions, but I hope I (or someone else) can help you! :)

Hi! And thank you very much my water PH is just above 7, the tank has been setup for about 4 months, my fish is in a 10 gallon tank, I change the water every 2 weeks and clean the filter at the same time, the white bump is on both sides although one is quite larger than the other. Thank you for your help!

Thank you for answering all of my questions! ;)

You should change your water out 1 every week. Do a 50%-70% water change once a week. :)

It could very well be “ich” or ick. Ichthyophthirius multifiliis is an ectoparasite of freshwater fish which causes a diseasecommonly known as white spot disease, or Ich. Ich is one of the most common and persistent diseases in fish. It appears on the body, fins and gills of fish as white nodules of up to 1 mm, that look like white grains of salt. It can also be lumps on the fish’s outside, just like on yours.

(Above information provides by Google.com)

@Colin_T might be able to identify it, but i’m pretty sure it is ich. If he backs me up, I will tell you how to treat it. ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It's not whitespot (Ich).

How long has the fish had the white lump?
Can you post a picture of the fish showing both sides and one looking along the body so we can see the lump sticking out.

If the lump developed over a month or more it is probably a tumour and there is nothing you can do for it except look after the fish until it can no longer swim properly, then euthanise it.

If the lump developed over night, it could be a cut or injury that should heal up if it doesn't get infected.

No one gives up on Bettas on my watch!! Try everything you can to cure it!! Keep giving constant maintance.
One thing sad, It is a tumour. #BETTASRULE!!!

It’s definitely not ich but we really need some more pics to try to diagnose it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back