Feeding Your Plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

hollyp0p

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I am currently using eSHa cryptoplus, plant growth booster.
I'm not sure this is actually for making sure plants get what they need from liquid feed, any got any recommendations on plant food??
Also do you know if plant food interferes with fish medications or vice versa, as I've not been adding anything to my tank lately as it's being treated with tetracycline.....just wondering if it's actually ok for me to keep feeding the plants.

Thanks! :good:

Hi the best 'off the shelf' fert is tropica plant nutrition. There are two type of this product the standard TNP which is purely a trace mix. Then there is TNP+ (i.e TNP 'plus') which also contains N and P if this is a low light tank I would probably get the standard TNP as the plants will be getting enough N and P from the fish waste.

Sam

Hi the best 'off the shelf' fert is tropica plant nutrition. There are two type of this product the standard TNP which is purely a trace mix. Then there is TNP+ (i.e TNP 'plus') which also contains N and P if this is a low light tank I would probably get the standard TNP as the plants will be getting enough N and P from the fish waste.

Sam
I think my lighting's pretty high, but I only put it on for 8 hrs a day at the moment as I think it's been a bit too much, plants haven't been doing so well...probably due to the meds in the tank too and lack of feeding

What is your lighting and how big is the tank?

BTW ferts shouldn't interact with meds, as far as I know.

Sam

What is your lighting and how big is the tank?

BTW ferts shouldn't interact with meds, as far as I know.

Sam
Not sure how strong the light is, I have a juwel rekord 60, with original lighting fitted, the tank is 55 litres, 60x30x30cm
the bulb is in the centre, so slightly to the back is a bit less light, my filter current is fairly strong at the back also, I hope to add more plants soon as I really enjoy the planted look and the fish love them too!

If the original light is still over the tank with no additional light then it'll be a low light tank, the supplied lights are rarely enough to take the tank to a mid or high light level.

Sam

If the original light is still over the tank with no additional light then it'll be a low light tank, the supplied lights are rarely enough to take the tank to a mid or high light level.

Sam
Ah ok i'd say mid, cos it definately isn't a dim light :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back