Feeding time woes

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SomethingsFishy24

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I target feed slow or shy fish, this involves my hand or really long tweezers. It works great. That is until the fast fish catch wind of the game.

I usually feed the fast guys first, while they are distracted with food, I target feed the slow/shy fish. Well. Beaker ( my blood parrot) caught on. Now this idiot is chasing down my tongs to get the niblets at the end. I decide to out pace him, he chases it like a damn cat after a laser pointer. In exasperation, I cry out "Quit it,Tina, ya fat lard". To which my husband erupts into laughter and I am left with empty tongs as the fish won. He knew it, as it was written all over his stupid little puckered up face.

🤣🙄💀

No issues, just frustration. Please, feel free to share times when fish have gotten wise and "won" in spite of best efforts.

My issue is feeding my angels. If I feed blood worms the two larger angels scoop up all the tasty larva, I now hold two cubes in my fingers of each hand and the angels come up in mass to feed from my hands, then the larva that escape the initial feeding get eaten by the tetras that circle the angels. Fun to watch. Normal dry food is not an issue. I find behaviors like what you describe as endearing, and adds pleasure to the activity.

My issue is feeding my angels. If I feed blood worms the two larger angels scoop up all the tasty larva, I now hold two cubes in my fingers of each hand and the angels come up in mass to feed from my hands, then the larva that escape the initial feeding get eaten by the tetras that circle the angels. Fun to watch. Normal dry food is not an issue. I find behaviors like what you describe as endearing, and adds pleasure to the activity.
I do love Beaker, his squishy face is one of my favorite, and his behavior is clownish. He was a downright hog tonight, ambitious and apparently starving, he out competed the Sevs. He was bobbing out of the water trying to get at the food before it hit the surface. He was being ridiculous.🤣 Poor baby fish wanted some too and I was no match for the mighty Beaker, I think they did get a bite or two, but Beak got way too much.

“Tina, you fat lard” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My axolotls are quite active when they see the worms. My little rescue girl nearly jumps out of the water to gulp her worm down as quick as she can.

“Tina, you fat lard” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My axolotls are quite active when they see the worms. My little rescue girl nearly jumps out of the water to gulp her worm down as quick as she can.
It is amazing how fast critters can move when there is the right incentive. I am not sure I have seen a axolotl with the "zoomies"🤣

I have issues with my Discus, they are waiting for food when I get up in the morning and again when I get home at night. But they hate flake food, so I feed the Discus and then give the other guys the flake food. Everybody is happy. I put algae discs in for the whiptails and the Discus and them fight over them, interestingly the whiptails get very processive over an algae disc.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back