Feeding red-tailed black sharks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

whoarreyou

Reaction score
Hi i got my first tank a while ago and I have a red-tailed black shark in it. I have had it for about 6 weeks now and it seems really healthy and active. But It has never eaten anything that i have put in the tank. I have tried a flake food & that tetra-prima sinking stuff. All my other fish eat like mad & are all healthy. Is this normal? and is it a problem i need to worry about. Any help would be great.

Mine doesn't seem to eat much either but has got huge so must be doing OK. They tend to graze alot of algae, mine is quite partial to the hikari sinking algae tablets :)

:)

The thing is about RTBS' is that they dont like to eat in front of you! Wait till lights out and hang around the back of the room. He will think you are gone and eventually come out to eat. They are kind of shy eaters.

[quote name='Flippin'thing bit me eye' date='Jun 30 2003, 07:05 PM']Try some live bloodworm, not even I can resist live bloodworm, yum yum :sick:[/quote]
lol, good one m8 B)

i expect that if the fish is alive after 6 weeks then it is eating the chewed up stuff later on and suplimenting its diet with some alge. tho i think the food your feeding is designed with bottom feeders in mind perhaps some wafers for general bottom feeders would get ocupy the fish while the others gte on with the prima.

i think ur shark has come to my house, jumped in my 10 gal n ate 1 of my neons coz he aint anywhere to be seen......maybe he came a few weeks ago n ate my male fighter too coz he just disappeared too :lol:

Tek :fish:

My RTBS is a scavenger he eats enything thats on the bottom of the tank

And if u havn't got any hikari flakes then use peas
My BTRS loves peas :D

1 of my platties were lost for alittle while, then when it came back out i also found baby platties!! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back