Feeding question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

austin

Reaction score
I have a small freshwater crab who currently eats ghost shirmp, is that a healthy enought diet? He sure likes them! Thanks, Austin! B)

Is that not horrendously expensive? :)
Ghost shrimp cost 5 euro each over here... Brine shrimp (frozen) is a much better option as are bloodworms and Hikari pellets for Corydoras catfish are a personal favourite with my crabs. Dust some powder from a cuttle fish bone every few days to provide calcium, one cuttlefish should last for a long time.....

Dried beech leaves have bacteria and chemicals in them that keep crabs healthy also, but use only leaves that are completely brown, no green bits!

Ken

Thanks for the help Ken, i'm on my to to the LFS now!
Austin B)

Hikari Crab Pellets. I feed them to my lobster. I also feed any sinking pellet, live and frozen bloodworm, any other frozen food and will fee it some frozen and live shrimp. I also am going to buy some Tetras and when they are sleping he will pounce. That way it will be varied and hopefully have a long, healthy life.

You can also feed them chopped up lance fish, buy it frozen from LFS and break them into peices, Crabs are natural scavengers and would picka dead fish in th the wild. I have a lobster and thats his main diet,

You can also feed them chopped up lance fish, buy it frozen from LFS and break them into peices, Crabs are natural scavengers and would picka dead fish in th the wild. I have a lobster and thats his main diet,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back