Feeding Plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

willroo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I dont have a planted tank at the moment but I'm just wondering what plant food people use and how often you feed the plants??

Thanks Will :good:

Well it depends on what route you want to go down, high tech, low tech...or my way 'winging it' lol. Have a look at some of the pinned topics on here, if it all seems a bit overwhelming and you just want to start simple then I'd suggest going for a very low tech tank.

Food wise you can go down the EI route, beneficial substrate,bottled liquid plant food,etc it all depends on what kind of planted setup your going for and your budget, again how often you feed depends on what system you use. At the moment all I'm using is some bottled plant food(once a week) and Co2 on one of my tanks but I will be venturing into E.I as soon as I have the cash to get the supplies.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge then me can give you a better answer, but I'd highly recommend reading about what other's have done in the journals section as well as looking at their tank pictures and decide what you want to try and what you can afford, whilst you wait for a better answer :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back