feeding live mice to arro

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why people are so bothered about mice in their house. We have mice. Heck, they ate 30 packets of crisps in 3 weeks! 10 packs a week. They need to live somewhere too.

OohFeeshy said:
I don't see why people are so bothered about mice in their house. We have mice. Heck, they ate 30 packets of crisps in 3 weeks! 10 packs a week. They need to live somewhere too.
play happy familes with your mice and there deaseases they can carry if you like, thats down to you.

My cat has cornered a mice or two in his time but he never hurts them and I just take the little mousy down the road to a park.

I personally think that feeding live mammals to an animal is wrong. It doesn't take much to euthanize and dangle the mammal in front of the other animal so that it would think it's live.
My cat kills roaches but I feel that is different. Although if I catch him doing it I usually just tell someone to come kill it since my cat takes a really long time to do it. He plays rough with it but doesn't eat it. He's never killed an animal though and I wouldn't let him if I saw him trying to.

What I can't understand is the people who keep cats and dogs when they think it wrong to ffed something live to something else. Last time I checked my dog didn't eat the baby rabbit it killed, it just sort of dragged it around the yard until it fell apart... I guess my dog is going to burn in hell with me too... That's cool, since a lot of people don't think pets go to heaven... I'll be in hell with all the pets!!!

And mice in my home die, not only because of poop in my cheerios, but also because I don't liek the bubonic plague... but that's just me :alien:

lol Guess my dog will to, he use to kill birds,rabbits basically anything he can catch, but he never ate it. It was sad when he thought he could kill a raccon, almost killed him, he never gave up. Mice are pests, and I have no problem killing one if came in my house. And ohhflessy I would kill the mice, not very healthy to have in a home. If the health department doesnt like them there is a reason.....

We haven't got mice in our home because we have cats... problem solved!! We do have mice in our barn though, and every now and then we'll find a half-eaten one on the porch. I'm glad we don't have mice in the house, because having kept them as pets before and knowing how slow deaths from traps and poisons can sometimes be, I wouldn't have the heart to kill them :(

I have a cat that brings in dead squirrels, rabbits, mice, chipmunks, you name it. I wouldnt be supirsed to see him drag in an antelope :lol: I dont really care too much cuz thats just nature. There isnt anything we can do about it. My mom flips though :D I find it funny that she gets all worked up over it.

my cat beat up a mouse pretty bad one night and it was hurting so i drowned it as i felt it didnt have a chance for survival, especiallyif i let my cat back at it so does that make me a bad person? i like watching my cat play with mice she catches cause she digs her claw in and flicks them up in the air then swats them like a baseball then goes and pounces on them again

oh i better mention i like watching nature take its course before people start to think im a sicko :rolleyes:

i wouldnt personally feed my fish a mouse due to how disgustingly dirty and disesed infested they are

Lol, that reminds me of that cat food commercial where the cat stalks and then chases a wildabeast (sp?) through the plains... the first time I saw that I laughed so hard I thought I'd snort milk. Our one cat is lazy, or at least, he doesn't bring his kills home... I saw him catch a mouse once, and he tried for a squirrel, but he doesn't even bat an eye at the bird feeders. Maybe because he knows my mother is watching.... :look: If you knew my mom, you'd stay away from the birds too... ;)

Well, when we moved to texas a year ago we stayed at my aunt's house. I slept in a room that was separated from the house and it was downstairs. I never saw rats there (dead or alive) but right after we moved out my cousins' moved in and it only took like 3 days till she saw them darting across the room. I guess they knew better since I had a cat. :p
Although I wouldn't want my cat trying to kill something for his safety too. What if the other animal has a disease? Then my cat would get it for playing with it to death.

Paul_MTS said:
play happy familes with your mice and there deaseases they can carry if you like, thats down to you.
I wouldn't be at all suprised if you carried more diseases than a mouse. You are bigger, and who knows where you've been. Its ignorant attitudes that people have when they assume that humans are the most intelligent species, and the most 'civilised', that killed the dodo, tasmaniam wolf and almost all of the other extinct species.

Shame really, I know plenty of people at school who would get on well with a dodo :lol:

i bet we do carry alot of rubbish but there not really dangerous to us as there dormant. Where as on rodents they carry harmless dieseases to them selfs (i think??) but once in contact with us we could catch some nasty stuff!!

Best way to stop a animal your pet has caught from suffering is a wack on the head, the drowning process is very slow. Or you can just chuck it against a wall i found that works quite well aswell.

and i enjoy watching my cat play with it's prey, it's so funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back