Feeding,ICH & PLants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CoPz

Reaction score
Couple of questions...can I feed while medicating (nobody has answered that question yet)...not all my fish are sick so I'm sure that they are hungry...I've raised my temperature to 27 Celsius and still rising. Will my plants withstand the warmth of the water?? Especially for 3 days?? Can I still add my CO2 and Plant fertilizer even while medicating?? My plants are looking a little yellow. (some of them) Do I do a water change after 3 days of medicating (that will drop my temp. down again) Do you think it is necessary? I have no Ammonia, no nitrIte and my nitrAte is perfect so I have a good tank other than the disease!! Any suggestions would be great!

Copz,

Fish are living creatures and like all living creatures have to eat. Why are you not feeding them? Go and FEED THEM NOW!!!!!!!! :nod:

Thanks for the advice...they seem happy that I'm feeding them again..lol. Poor guys and girls!! Still my other questions...can I put Liquid CO2 in still as well as my fertilizer while treating my fish from Ich? Or will that dilute the medication? I have my temp. at 28 celsius...is this high enough?

Thanks!!!

Hello CoPz. :)

I'm glad that your fish are eating again. That will help them keep their strength.

I just read the posts on the other thread and I'm wondering why no one told you to put salt in the tank. That is an old cure for ick and used in combination with modern medicines and heat is usually the best way to cure it. But move your plecos out of the tank while the treatment is going on unless they, too, are infected. Add one rounded tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water. When you think it is cured, treat it a few days more.

If I converted your temperature right, it is about 82 degrees F. which is about right.

I wish I could offer advice about your plants, but I really don't know what to tell you about them. I, myself would probably hold off on adding and more chemicals to the tank while the treatment is going on, though.

I know what you must be going through with this. One of my tanks is just getting over ich, and I've lost 6 fish this time around. It can be devastating. :(

i'm pretty sure they can... in singapore the temp is around 33 degrees celcius all year round and at night maybe drops to 27-28 and my fish are still alive and there are fish shops all around the island :p

Thanks for the replies...the reason I haven't put salt in my water is because of the plants...the plants don't like salt. Otherwise I would've done it a long time ago, trust me! The spots seem to be getting worse on my shark...my other shark died last night! :-( I need to go get other medication...I keep hearing that Jungle something or other is the best to use against Ich...is this true?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back