Feeding Fish On Holiday

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

coolie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've ordered an autofeeder , but made the mistake of ordering from a Hong Kong or Chinese eBay seller instead of a British one in order to save a few pence DOH.
If it doesn't get here by Monday, does anyone have an emergency measure to keep 7 small neon tetras in a small tank going for 6 days?
Years ago when I last had this problem I bought a white colored block at the LFS and it was completely rubbish and my sharks ate all the small mollies.
I don't have that to worry about this time but these tetras are currently fed twice a day and very healthy appetite. The tank is also full of snail so I can't see excess food lasting in there very long,

cheers

Anything up to 2 weeks should not be a problem..... They will be fine for 6 days and do not feed more than usual before departure....They'll be fine.

Are those blocks no good?

I am going away for a weekend in a couple of weeks and was planning on getting those blocks for my tanks. Not all that worried about my adult fish (guppies and neon tetras)... but I have some guppy fry... was thinking to put a bit of a block in for them (no one to take care of them for me.)

I don't know if they've developed anything more sophisticated, but the white block I had didn't work, and was only slightly dissolved after a week if at all, also didn't "give off" anything.

Are those blocks no good?

I am going away for a weekend in a couple of weeks and was planning on getting those blocks for my tanks. Not all that worried about my adult fish (guppies and neon tetras)... but I have some guppy fry... was thinking to put a bit of a block in for them (no one to take care of them for me.)

Unfortunately the feeder blocks do seem like a good idea but can cause ammonia issues because its no different than adding a weeks worth of your normal feed all at once & we all know that is a bad idea.

Tom

What would be the best way to feed my fry (since I have no one to do it for me). Surely if I broke off a tiny bit of the block it wouldn't pollute my entire tank (about 22+ gallons).

I'm thinking for fry, small live foods which will live in the environment, but I'm disinclined to experiment with something new at short notice and with no-one to monitor.

Ludwig Venter, is this to do with the metabolism of the fish. I'm worried it's based onthe assumption they will eat plants or scavenge when this breed will solely only eat flaked food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back