Feeding Enough?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jfeld

Reaction score
I know bettas aren't supposed to eat too much; I've been giving my little female 3 Hikari pellets a day (and a couple times a week substituting one of those pellets with a few freeze-dried bloodworms). I recently bumped her up to 4 pellets a day, because she goes CRAZY at feeding time. If I drop a pellet in her tank and she doesn't find it, she flips out all over the tank until I point to it with my finger! I was concerned about overfeeding, but now I worry about underfeeding. What are the signs of a truly hungry betta? Am I not feeding her enough, or is this typical betta greediness? Thanks guys.

:blush: I dont feed mine every day, say I have just fed them tonight (which I have)I wont feed them tomorrow but the following morning. They just had a couple of flakes of food, and next time they will have the bloodworms in vitamin jelly. I know so many people who kill their fish with over feeding that perhaps I dont do mine enough! :p

Thanks, Liz. She seems pretty active and happy, so I guess I'll go back to worrying about overfeeding like everyone else! :p

I think it depends on the Betta too. I feed one of my CT Betta about 3 granules of Tetra Min Tropical Granules at a time twice a day morning and evening. Sometimes I would mix in some Hikari pellets for extra protein. He could eat even more but that's all I give him.

My VT Betta eats very little and he prefers flakes. He would take Hikari pellets too but reluctantly. Seems he's not able to chew it as well as my CT Betta that's why he likes the flakes.

Most reactions

trending

Back