Votes: 5 7.9%

Votes: 15 23.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 11.1%

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want to know what happens in the event of a tie! An epic all or nothing fight to the death showdown?

Personally I love the fact that anyone can enter a tank and there is no elitism.  It's great to see some of the amazing artistic creations by the pro's but I also love seeing some of the more ordinary tanks that mere mortal folks have put hard effort into, I think "that tank looks really good and I could aspire to that!".  I voted for 3 myself as I would be really proud to have that tank in my house, but there are other tanks here that I thought looked really good too.

Incidentally, I notice that the tank I liked best was entered by someone who only has a post count of 45, although they've been registered for a year.

For those that prefer to see tanks of a higher standard, what do you think of the new rule that you have to be a member for 60 days with 60 posts before you can enter the competitions?  There are undoubtedly plenty of people out there with wonderful tanks who don't normally post on the forum but might like to show off their tank now and then.  By shutting them out you may be lowering the standard of the competition slightly.  Personally I'm cool either way, I'm sure there must be good reasons for imposing that restriction, just pointing out that it might mean you won't be getting the best tanks in the future.

Hi
To be fair you did say in a previous post that you knew people were going to go off after your comments, and now you're have a go at me for doing the very thing you said you knew your comment was going to provoke.
Please believe me when i say I really don't want any hard feelings or falling out of any kind. Like I said at the end of my last post, this is supposed to be a friendly place and i see no benefit in a tit for tat exchange. Thats not why we're here.
I won't reply to your PM. Only because I have nothing to say that the forum can't read. This is something that we will just never agree on therefore could we at least agree to move on and get back to the reason we all joined this forum in the first place?

I said that knowing people would call me out for having and voicing my opinion. I never had a go at you about it, I simply said you've put words in my mouth with your last comment about me "disliking" the tanks which is not what it is.[/quote

Ok, go round in pointless circles or move forward? I think I'll move on.

That was me saying leave it at that - AKA, Move on.

It is nice to see some of the more "everyday" tanks because that's all mine is. It's just I didn't feel any of them needed my vote, they seem to do well enough without it. But since I seem to need to follow everyone else and have a single opinion I have voted. Number 9, TheDoctor's tank get's my vote.

I think entry number 2 deserves a special award for the lovely cichlid line up. I like all of them. They are all in perfect health too. 

We all have different opinions and standards when it comes to voting in these competitions.  Me, I like to see fish in the tank since that's the primary purpose of tanks for most of us.  I also appreciate color..............

Ruskull said:
We all have different opinions and standards when it comes to voting in these competitions.  Me, I like to see fish in the tank since that's the primary purpose of tanks for most of us.  I also appreciate color..............

I like to see well planted tanks with nice shoals of fish or groups of fish. Hence why I'm currently actually unhappy with my tank because it is not yet planted out and I want to add more to my shoal of Threadfins(the one entered is my partners 58ltr Boyu Orca) so that I have a nice active, heavily planted tank :)

Yeah, a nice shoal that's a contrasting color looks great.  I've seen some past tanks in this competition that had lots of green plants with the copper colored Harlequin or Espei Rasboras...............

A well planted tank that has no fish you can see in the picture is a big turn off for me.

Ruskull said:
Yeah, a nice shoal that's a contrasting color looks great.  I've seen some past tanks in this competition that had lots of green plants with the copper colored Harlequin or Espei Rasboras...............

A well planted tank that has no fish you can see in the picture is a big turn off for me.

I agree, I like to see fish in the tank. If you have a huge nicely planted tank and you can only see 1 fish it's kind of like "What's the point?" I mean, I would have entered my own 30 inch long but it's currently rocks, gravel and a few plants. It also has a huge box with baby guppies in it. The box is only there till I have enough plants for them to hide and survive :lol:

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Paradise<3 said:
I may be a snob of sorts, but none of these tanks really jumped off the screen for me. I went back a few months and looked at the winners, and none of these compare. 
confused.gif

I'd actually like to say that even though I had entered this competition, I agree. I've not voted at all because my tank(well my partners but he let me enter it) isn't up to scratch anyway and there's none that really pop out at me. In the past there's been one or two that have really popped and I've had a hard decision to pick just one but I have always voted up till now. I to am just making an observation. I know this will make me hated which is not going to help me but I'm not expecting any votes anyway, I enter to enter not to win. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings and don't forget I'm saying this about my own tank as well. Maybe it's just the picture but my camera appears to hate taking pictures without the flash and when I put the flash on you can't see the tank so I had to settle with that. The colours come out great but the clarity...
confused.gif
So there's my piece said. I'm not saying I don't like the tanks or that everyone should follow suit, I'm just saying compared to past winners(including last months) they don't really work it for me enough to vote. Like I said, I do like the tanks. Especially TheDoctor's but compared to the past winners I'm just going to leave it. I'll go sit in my corner now while you all shout and scream at me for having an opinion. I don't want to cause an argument but it seems you're not allowed an opinion anywhere lately.

I feel like I'm not making my point clearly - But thank you for the compliment.

My point isn't to defend my tank to the death - It suits me with the little time I have but it's nowhere near what I want it to be, at all. But its a fairly new tank and with the little time I have it does exactly what I want a fish tank to do - Provides calming entertainment...something to just get lost in.

For example, my old setup looked like this 
380617_10150635376766637_1099110573_n.jpg

While this is crap in comparison to the majority of winners, I loved it because it was my first attempt at plants and was just so colourful and full of life. My current set up is quite baron and dull in comparison to my old set up and many/most tanks entered. I didn't enter to win, I entered because there were very few others that were and I happened to take a nice photo of the tank.

My main point is, tanks aren't created and maintained to win a forum award but for the enjoyment of the individual so you aren't guaranteed to get a jaw-dropping show stopping tank every month. Most of us don't have the time, money or expertise. But when someone does happen to put that tank in a tank of month competition have the good grace and courtesy to keep negative comments out of it unless there is constructive advice. I just think 'If you haven't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all' is a great rule to live by. I'm all for constructive criticism but elitism is lame.

If anything..just be happy there are no neon castles... 
innocent.gif

If you haven't got anything good to say? Elitism? Really? I was making an observation. I had been gone from the forum for a number of months and saw this month's contest participants and was underwhelmed. That's all. I wasn't being mean or nasty or elitist, just making a simple observation. Now somehow this has gotten completely out of hand and people are taking that simple blanket observation and taking it personally. That's ridiculous. This discussion should end here and now. Let's just enjoy looking at these people's nice tanks and vote for the one you most enjoy, like I did.

This Old Spouse said:
If you haven't got anything good to say? Elitism? Really? I was making an observation. I had been gone from the forum for a number of months and saw this month's contest participants and was underwhelmed. That's all. I wasn't being mean or nasty or elitist, just making a simple observation. Now somehow this has gotten completely out of hand and people are taking that simple blanket observation and taking it personally. That's ridiculous. This discussion should end here and now. Let's just enjoy looking at these people's nice tanks and vote for the one you most enjoy, like I did.

I think you're taking it too personally. You're taking tiny words I say and making them the big subject when avoiding that is a massive part of my post.

It's all good. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back