February 14th...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, have a Hairy Valentine's Day everyone... ?????
1613322840730.png

not just ewww, but why are you even looking for pictures like that, let alone sticking them on a fishy forum :(

this is the 5 yr anniversary of my car being broken into when I was living on the street. When my identity and medication and everything else was stolen and the only thing left in it was a newspaper, plastic bag and flu virus. Subsequently I had a heart attack on the street and never got help. That was the start of the year of hell.

not just ewww, but why are you even looking for pictures like that, let alone sticking them on a fishy forum :(

this is the 5 yr anniversary of my car being broken into when I was living on the street. When my identity and medication and everything else was stolen and the only thing left in it was a newspaper, plastic bag and flu virus. Subsequently I had a heart attack on the street and never got help. That was the start of the year of hell.
Well, it's been 6 years ago for me that someone broke into my car. Only things that were fixed in the car was left behind. All things that wasn't connected to something were stolen. And I had some expensive tools in the trunk. The ignition was sabotaged. And as a bonus, I had to pay extra for moving my car from the place where they broke in. But it didn't happen on Valentine's Day....

My passport was once stolen out from my rental car in Vancouver. What a mess to get a new passport at the dutch consulate. They weren't really helpful.

So, sorry to hear that nobody helped you out back then...

About the picture... I've got a sick sense of humor. My gf thinks hairy men are very attractive. It still makes me think why she's with me... I'm totally not hairy...

Some departments are - or at least were.

When my sister died in Spain in 1981 the police who came round to tell us gave us a phone number at the Foreign Office that we needed to ring. The chap explained that unless they heard from the family she would be buried within 24 hours in an unmarked Spanish grave (it was June and that was Spanish law at the time). The Foreign Office official got in contact with the Spanish authorities to say her body was to be returned to the UK, and contacted a firm of international undertakers who then contacted us.
He was most helpful and sympathetic.

You got lucky but here in Australia, the government are useless puppets that don't do a damn thing and government departments are paper pushing prats without a brain.

Going back to 14 Feb 2016, my car gets cleaned out so I go to the cop shop and report it in person. The cop says you can phone the report in. I say, I just told you everything was stolen, not that I had a phone but it would have been stolen too. Then the dumb azz cop supposedly takes the report and files it away. 18 months later I visit the cop shop to get the report number and there is no record of it. The dumb prick either mis-filed the report or didn't file it at all.

-------------------
Trying to get a replacement driver's license when living on the street was ridiculous. You must provide photo ID to organise a replacement license. Like how the hell am I meant to provide photo ID when it was stolen and I am trying to get it replaced?
The response was "don't get smart with me sir"

The only way I could get a replacement license was to phone the department of transport and they would send a new one to my old address, where I couldn't go because of the vro.

-------------------
Trying to cancel my bank card that was stolen at the same time. Bank wanted ID to cancel the old card and issue a new one. Like seriously, how many times do you have to tell people you have been robbed and have nothing left, before they click and say "oh, you don't have any ID".

Trying to get a replacement pension card was like bashing my head against a brick wall. We only do replacement cards when they are due each year. If you need one sooner, you need to phone us and enter your customer number, then request a replacement card. What the hell is my customer number? It's the number on your card.

-------------------
Asking the cops for help. No chance. I got abused and told to die in the gutter, then threatened by 2 big cops who accused me of doing something to their colleague. All I did was ask when the vro was.

-------------------
I had been going into the department of housing office in person every Monday, Wednesday and Friday asking for somewhere to live. They knew who I was because I staggered in each time wearing the same clothes and asking for help. Eventually they kicked me off the waiting list claiming they couldn't contact me and said I never answered my phone. Some duckhead in the office had been calling my home even though I was homeless and coming into their office 3 times a week. To make matters worse, there were only 4 people working at this office and somehow none of them communicated and 3 of them knew me and called me by name when I went in there.

-------------------
The phone operator was a fuplie idiot. I tried to do a reverse charges call to the courts and the idiot phone operator kept reading out a number for me to call and somehow couldn't understand that I didn't have a phone or pen or paper. I spent half an hour smacking my head against the phone booth trying to get the moron to put me through to the court house.

Then the courts wouldn't give me the time of day and kept ignoring my requests for information.

Finally I had to drive to Perth for the hearing and my car was stuffed. I couldn't do the court case via video link so had to drive up to Perth (400km away). I asked the cops if I could drive to Perth in first gear because the car wouldn't change gear. I was told no, I would be pulled over and the car would get a red sticker (not roadworthy). I went to the department of transport and asked if there was a permit I could get to drive to Perth. Not unless the car was unlicensed, then I could only drive to a workshop for repairs but nowhere else. I ended up driving up in 1st gear. It took 4 days.

-------------------
More recently, I spent the last 6 months asking the government and gov departments for help finding a place to live and help getting food. No chance. The only time anyone comes to help about this request is when I snap and call the premier a few names and then I have half the police force and ambos here asking if I need any help.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back