Feather Fin Catfish Synodontis Eupterus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ali12345

Reaction score
feather fin catfish synodontis eupterus
I have taken on a couple of these from a friend but they are fighting. I need to get some more to stop this. I know a lot of people buy them young and cute then regret it when they mature.
If anyone has any they want to rehome I can offer a 6ft tank in Caterham area for one or two more.

A few more? They're just being territorial surely? Less would be better?

Yup I don't believe that larger groups of featherfin reduce the aggressiveness, unlike barbs and tetras who seam to calm a little when in groups, I parted company with the larger of my two Featherfin a few months back not because it was fighting or indeed in any way aggressive he was just quite bulky and very clumsy around my other fish when they were trying to feed on the bottom.

Like several species (eg. Panda Garra, Leopard Bushfish), Synodontis euptera (and many other synos) should either be kept as singletons or as groups of at least 4 conspecifics in suitably sized tanks, if kept in small groups bullying can become life threatening. A 6-foot tank is more than capable of holding 4 or 5 Featherfins, providing each catfish has a place to call home, pvc pipes and large slate caves work well.

Yes I am definitely going to try and get more. These 2 were ok until the move but like with many fish they need to disperse their aggression amongst more. Plenty of places to hide.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back