Feargal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rose

Moved On
Reaction score
Here's that list of plants I promised you a few days ago. These are the plants that i really like and have in my tanks.

Crypt Wedtii (I need to start selling these off.)
Java Fern
Java Moss
Spiral Vals
Apponogetons (any kind will take over the tank)
Jungle Vals
I have others but can't think of what they are at the moment. Hope this helps a bit. I'll get the scientific name up for them later. Rose

Rose,

Thx very much for the list! :) Much appreciated.

My real dilemma is actually whether I need to use something like CO2 to have a healthy planted tank or can I manage without it?

Is it just a case of getting the amount/type of lighting/filtration correct for the plants? or would the CO2 be beneficial enough for me to consider? Taking in to consideration that at times I don't have much time for maintenance, etc.

If I can manage a healthy planted tank without the CO2 and just the correct lighting/filtration, then what amount/type of lighting and filtration would you recommend?

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated as this is one area of fishkeeping that I have little experience with.

none of my tanks have CO2 and all are very healthy and prosperus. Just make sure you have at least 2 watts of light per gallon and good substrait (laterite and gravel) and do water changes regularly and if needed do the trace nutrients. I'll go more into this when I get back later this week. Just remind me. Rose

FG, keeping a planted tank is relatively easy. A couple watts per gallon, and the plants will stay healthy. Where Rose will really help you out is on spectrums and additives I imagine. Mrs GL had her 90 gallon planted before it was changed to a reef tank. She was doing something right. It went from a bunch of plants just looking healthy, to an almost out of control jungle! The Vals really semed to be quick growers. Never was able to get the crypt to go really well though.

Sounds good!

Looks like I will be able to have real plants after all then! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back