Favorite fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BoomerXIV

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Good morning

It's been a long holiday for me, and I'm a little bored, so I was wondering what's your top 3 all time favorite fish and maybe some explanations why? No cheating!No invertebrates or frogs

My Top 3 :

1st place : Zebra danios
Because they are so energetic, hardy and feeding time always looks so entertaining with these guys

2nd place : Black neon tetra
Honestly Its hard choice between neon tetra and black neon tetra, but I think in love the latter more

3rd place : kuhli loa

My top three favorite fish that I have kept or are currently keeping.

1. Pterophyllum altum - Really beautiful fish in terms of size and appearance.

2. Betta smaragdina - Beautiful colors, especially the males.

3. Corydoras sp. 'C121' - Another gorgeous species of Corydoras that is rarely seen in the hobby.

Last edited:
1) Hoplosternum Punctatum, basically a more outgoing in your face corydoras
2) Corydoras (all of them)
3) Farlowella twig catfish

Yeah im a crazy catfish lady

1. Electric blue acara.
I love this fish they are like Upgraded versions of my children they never fight they eat all there dinners and are very intelligent
2 . Sail fin pleco
I love the pleco for simple reasons they are that easy too look after if they wasn’t so big you would forget there even there
3. Tiger barbs
Hard choice but I have owned a few before and I did have some laughs watching there little school fights

1. Dojo Loach (My Prim, Marigold, and Catnip)
-My #1 because they are the most goofy and personable fish I've ever met, and are so friendly with me and interactive

2. Zig Zag Eel (Spiny eels in general!)
-#2 because they are such interesting creatures and are so fun to watch and love! (RIP to my spiny baby )

3. Plecostamus (Gold Tiger)
-#3 Plecos are SUCH a diverse type of fish with so many different colors, sizes, and temperaments, and my girl Seze is easily one of my most loved fish, because shes not out/visible all the time, it gets SO exciting to see her!

Actually you may have to categorize them according to why you like them.

For me, my top 3 most beautiful freshwater fish:
1)Discus.
2)Bettas (half moon, Candy or Koi colours) or Killifish(especially Lyretail Killifish).
3)Apistogrammas species especially Apistogramma Cacatuodie Triple Red.

My top 3 cute/unique fish:
1)Panda Loaches.
2)Whiptail Red Lizard or Twig catfish.
3)Starlight Pleco or Zebra Pleco or Panda Corydoras.

Actually you may have to categorize them according to why you like them.

For me, my top 3 most beautiful freshwater fish:
1)Discus.
2)Bettas (half moon, Candy or Koi colours) or Killifish(especially Lyretail Killifish).
3)Apistogrammas species especially Apistogramma Cacatuodie Triple Red.

My top 3 cute/unique fish:
1)Panda Loaches.
2)Whiptail Red Lizard or Twig catfish.
3)Starlight Pleco or Zebra Pleco or Panda Corydoras.
I like your idea, but let say if you could get any tank you want with every equipment you want, and you can make the water parameter like what you wanted to BUT you can only put 1 species of fish there, what will you pick? :D

Almost impossible to answer, so these are subject to change over time, there are so many species out there that I don't even know of, let alone ones I know but haven't kept yet.

1. Otocinclus
2. Corydoras
3.Livebearers. Fancy guppies if I have to narrow it down any futher, followed by mollies then platies.

Almost impossible to answer, so these are subject to change over time, there are so many species out there that I don't even know of, let alone ones I know but haven't kept yet.

1. Otocinclus
2. Corydoras
3.Livebearers. Fancy guppies if I have to narrow it down any futher, followed by mollies then platies.
I agree with you, I should have said favorite fish at this time, since I'll probably change my mind too in the future, thanks!

Tough question! my number one is probably no suprise, betta splendens! they are just so personable and come in a wide variety of colours and tail types.
Number 2: Dwarf puffer, so tiny and cute love the way their eyes look when hunting things!
Number 3: Guppy, the males have beautiful tails, they make great community fish and are so easy to breed.

My top three favorite fish that I have kept or are currently keeping.

1. Pterophyllum altum - Really beautiful fish in terms of size and appearance.

2. Betta smaragdina - Beautiful colors, especially the males.

3. Corydoras sp. 'C121' - Another gorgeous species of Corydoras that is rarely seen in the hobby.
I reeeeaaaalllyyyy want a smaragdina!!

Tough question! my number one is probably no suprise, betta splendens! they are just so personable and come in a wide variety of colours and tail types.
Number 2: Dwarf puffer, so tiny and cute love the way their eyes look when hunting things!
Number 3: Guppy, the males have beautiful tails, they make great community fish and are so easy to breed.
Yes! The dwarf puffer! I have empty 30cm x 30cm x 30cm tank, and im still not sure to stock it with 1 dwarf puffer or 1 betta, they are so cute!

1( Betta fish. (No surprise there, lol)
2(...

Wait, does it have to be freshwater? Or can it be saltwater?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back