Favorite CLEAN songs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
In my attempting to be creative work, I've had to look hard at the swearing issue. A 'curse word" should be high impact - used as a punch to develop an idea. If it's just thrown around with no effect intended, then it ceases to matter. Imagine a language with no cursing?
Impossible. Here, in French, the swearing is all sacred Christian symbols, as until 50 years ago this was a very religious place. In English, it's bodily functions and sex we use to shock, with a few leftover religious words. Take away standard cursing and you're going to get new cursing. People just have to do it.

If someone writes a song with only church or state approved vocabulary, fine. There was no need to use taboo words. If they write songs with swearing - equally fine. Understanding their choice of words is part of understanding their message.
I really don't like censorship of songs, which is why I always buy the freely produced version.
Yup. I don't listen to music with curse words. There are a few of my songs that say d**n but that's not too bad in my mind as long as I'm not saying it lol.
Also I do have songs that are the clean versions. So its either there has to be a clean version of the song or the song is clean period.
I'm pretty strict with myself on what I allow in my music.
Even of the song is clean I really give a hard listen to the lyrics to make sure that the content is also "clean".
That song mentioned. " Abcdef you". The radio edit was so good, I didnt know they cursed in the song. On here I said I liked it at that time. But a while back I heard it with no edit and yah... They curse quite a bit.
And tbh I didnt really like that song to begin with. I guess it has a catchy tune but nothing too enjoyable in the song or that meaningful.

I've had to look hard at the swearing issue. A 'curse word"
My take on it is that as long as the listener isnā€™t turning around and cursing people out, calling people racial slurs, or cursing out their parents, itā€™s perfectly fine.

I listen to explicit music and Iā€™m not ashamed of it. I used to listen to clean ā€œChristian rapā€ but after listening to mainstream rap I just canā€™t seem to go back. Clean rap just seems boring and bland now. But you will never hear me cursing anyone out and being violent or racist like most old people think rap triggers in young adults.

Of course if any middle aged adult heard one of the songs on my playlist they would have a heart attack. Itā€™s not for everyone, but that my take at least.

But like I said earlier in the thread, sometimes you just canā€™t go without using the language, it just spices things up and adds punch. Like you can tell in clean rap they could have used multiple curse words but decided to not. It ainā€™t the same tho.

First word of that song is f**k, lol.
On the radio here they bleep out all the words VERY well. So well that I thought the song was completely clean except for it suggesting a curse word

On the radio here they bleep out all the words VERY well. So well that I thought the song was completely clean except for it suggesting a curse word
Ah gotcha. I was about to say, if you listened to the song for just 2 seconds you would hear a curse word. :rofl:

Ah gotcha. I was about to say, if you listened to the song for just 2 seconds you would hear a curse word. :rofl:
Oh yah. I heard it once without all the clean up and oops šŸ˜‚

My take on it is that as long as the listener isnā€™t turning around and cursing people out, calling people racial slurs, or cursing out their parents, itā€™s perfectly fine.

I listen to explicit music and Iā€™m not ashamed of it. I used to listen to clean ā€œChristian rapā€ but after listening to mainstream rap I just canā€™t seem to go back. Clean rap just seems boring and bland now. But you will never hear me cursing anyone out and being violent or racist like most old people think rap triggers in young adults.

Of course if any middle aged adult heard one of the songs on my playlist they would have a heart attack. Itā€™s not for everyone, but that my take at least.

But like I said earlier in the thread, sometimes you just canā€™t go without using the language, it just spices things up and adds punch. Like you can tell in clean rap they could have used multiple curse words but decided to not. It ainā€™t the same tho.
Idk. I don't hear anything missing in NFs music.

Idk. I don't hear anything missing in NFs music.
Thatā€™s just one genre of rap tho, ā€œdepressingā€ or ā€œmoodyā€ rap. That would be like listening to Eminem 24/7.

I listen to different rappers for different moods Iā€™m in. Like when Iā€™m driving at night, I listen to Lil TJay Rod Wave, or some Polo G. But if Iā€™m tryna be upbeat or happy I listen to DaBaby. But if Iā€™m tryna get motivated Iā€™ll pop on Polo G, NLE Choppa, YoungBoy Never Broke Again, or Lil Baby.

Thatā€™s just one genre of rap tho, ā€œdepressingā€ or ā€œmoodyā€ rap. That would be like listening to Eminem 24/7.

I listen to different rappers for different moods Iā€™m in. Like when Iā€™m driving at night, I listen to Lil TJay Rod Wave, or some Polo G. But if Iā€™m tryna be upbeat or happy I listen to DaBaby. But if Iā€™m tryna get motivated Iā€™ll pop on Polo G, NLE Choppa, YoungBoy Never Broke Again, or Lil Baby.
That is true.
I am not really super into rap.
I listen to a variety of music.

My playlist for anyone interested:

I just got spotify so its pretty short

That is true.

Those are not all clean songs definitely šŸ˜…

That is true.

PARABOLIC! Is soooo good, thatā€™s one of my fav clean rap songs. So I see you have some originally explicit songs but just the clean version?

I forgot that this was a thread for clean songs šŸ˜…
Lol ainā€™t none of these artists make clean music so I think youā€™re chillin :rofl:

Lil TJay Rod Wave, or some Polo G. But if Iā€™m tryna be upbeat or happy I listen to DaBaby. But if Iā€™m tryna get motivated Iā€™ll pop on Polo G, NLE Choppa, YoungBoy Never Broke Again, or Lil Baby.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back