Favorite Book(s)?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The Green Mile by Stephen King, so sad, it made me cry.
You're right Silverlady, it is sad. It made me cry as well. I've got it on DVD but only watched it once because it was so sad. So what did I do? Go and buy the book to sob at too!

The Green Mile by Stephen King, so sad, it made me cry.
You're right Silverlady, it is sad. It made me cry as well. I've got it on DVD but only watched it once because it was so sad. So what did I do? Go and buy the book to sob at too!

I agree, that was a very sad book, but it was also a great read :nod:

I've been reading 'It' for about three weeks and I have gotten a little more than half way through :lol: I should have finished it already (1 and a half or two weeks ago), but I'm usually so tired after school that I nod off while reading, so most of the page flipping gets done on the weekends :p

Yes great book ,have you seen the Film? loved the little Mouse.
Not that many Films are as good as the Book, but in my opinion this one was.

The Outsider (sometimes called 'The Stranger') and The Plague, by Albert Camus.

Existentialist literature at it's best!

Clive cusler is my all time fav. wrighter if you can pic up book one of the Oragon files , Golden Buda

P.s my spelling sucks

the dark tower series the greatest

This a bunch of stephen kings Hardbacks thou all won't fit in picture

42svd04.jpg

For me it is definetly the Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy series by Douglas Adams, the only books that have made me laugh out loud!

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Stepehn Kings's Insomnia.

Andy

PS
I challenge ANYONE to read (successfully) the original text of Hermen Melville's literay classic 'Moby Dick'.
Oh
My
God
It may well use English words per-se, but..... I am 37. I read ALOT. I could not get past Chapter 1!

Where to start.

There are a few books that i tend to read a few times over, just in case i missed anything in it.

I just Finished Dean Koontz - One Door Away From Heaven - OMG what a read, had me enthrawled throughout the entire book.
I have read nearly all of Koontz' books and he is my favorite Horror Author and its the Genre I enjoy reading the Most.
My Rents are becoming annoyed with the amount of books that are piling up now. I can get thru 6-7 books a month easy. It Helps that we can sit reading books at work when its not busy. So I usually get a good 3-4 hours of reading time a day.

Some of my favorite books:

Ian Banks - The Wasp Factory :good: :good:

Cornelia Funke - Inkspell and Inkheart - :good: :good: :good: :good:

Stephen King - The Girl who loved tom green :good: :good: :good: :good:

James Herbert - The Rats Trilogy, that man can write a very nightmarish horror :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Far tooo Many Boks to mention, could go on and on and on about them.
Neil Gaiman - Sandman books, I know its a Graphic Novel but I loved reading that each month in School.

then i do like religiuos books and theologies on religion.

I'm a total book geek - I'll read any fantasy/comedy book, but below is a least of books you MUST read - you won't be disappointed!

Art Speigelman - MAUS Graphic Novel) Heart-breaking but eye-opening

Philip Pullman - His Dark Materials Trilogy - Fantasy - impossible to put down

Garth Nix - The Abhorsen Trilogy - As before, highly recommended

John Keel - The Mothman Prophecies - Non-fiction - forget the film, this book opens your eyes

Stephen King/Straub - Black House - relevant to the dark tower series

Trudi Canavan - The Black Magician Trilogy and Age of the Five books - Truly excellent

Better stop before I find myself sitting here all day - if you read just one this list, please read Maus. You'll understand

I absolutely lovereading, and never not have a book in my hand!My favourites are - anything by Terry Pratchett, anything by Jeremy Clarkson, most of anything by Stephen King, and i have bookshelves on every wall of my flat. So why is it that every single book I've read in the past 6 months has had a photo of a fish on the front?!!

I have read the original text of moby dick and the book was so boring and I dont even remeber what happend and they kept using words like thou art, and ye and others in that region. I like harry potter, sammy keyes, artemis fowl, gregor the overlander, fish books, the sea of trolls, WWII AND WWI books, Veitnam and other war ones, Bible, left behind, and many others that I cant think of and no one reads at my age!!!!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back