The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So, I was wondering what kind of betta to get for my tank and was leaning towards a rosetail, or perhaps an elephant ear. I have a halfmoon, a dragonscale plakat, a crowntail, and I have 2 females. I had a halfmoon king in the past. What are the tail types you all prefer?

I like plakats best :D less swimming issues and less risk of tearing fins on hardscape
My son in law put 6 of those in his tank with other tropical fish in my old 22 gallon, they developed stress lines, i told him he needed to change his ornaments to smooth and also silk plants and to get his heating up from 72F, as soon as he put it to 78F the lines disappeared but beautiful bettas.

The problem with rosetail bettas are their tails are so big that they sometimes have a hard time pumping blood to the ends, which can lead to fin rot. Also they have to be kept in a tank without a filter otherwise they won't be able to swim and they might get sucked into the filter . My personal favorite betta has to be the plakat, even though I have only ever kept one.

Dumbos for me! But when I get a Betta later on this year I'm going to try to find me a female. Poor females are just as pretty but seem to lose out a bit for the more flamboyant males? :(
I would have liked a few female betta in my tank but having guppies that's up the wall.:(

Dumbos for me! But when I get a Betta later on this year I'm going to try to find me a female. Poor females are just as pretty but seem to lose out a bit for the more flamboyant males? :(
I had a female dumbo for awhile. She was really unhealthy from the time I bought her and only lived for about six months, never perking up and rarely eating. In the future I hope to get another.

I really like spade tails. (Like my little Ace, Aka profile picture)

I also like half moons. Anything bigger than half moons (Aka full moons) I feel sorry for, becuase they have to much fin.

I once had a Super Delta tale betta - really nice looking betta. :good:

Here is Ace:
48AD3D9E-D7FB-45CF-AA14-1997A54C7AB2.jpeg

(Spade tail hellboy betta)

I like dumbos the best to.
Dumbo ears are also really nice. The super delta tail I had was also a dumbo ear. He was my favorite betta, but sadly passed away a few months ago...

RIP Blaze. :rip:
83C2769A-FE51-4E89-AE37-E44682EC3B48.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back