favorite and least favorite things about fish keeping!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Maybe he thought we were a fishing forum instead of a fish forum. :lol: He won't be missed!

But... I like fishing, too... Then I catch a big, ugly, prehistoric bowfin and wish I had a tank big enough for her.

Dislikes: Diatoms and not being able to get an awesome looking aquascape like a lot of y'all have.

I love Harlequin Rasbora but don't have any at the moment. How many do you have in what size tank? I love the idea of them shimmering in the daylight, but do you get algae with that setup? Any pictures?
Hi there, it is a 10 gallon tank and sits on the end of a table so it is very easy to clean and change the water so, any algae gets scrubbed off. I clean my tanks about every 10 - 14 days pretty religiously. I have a Fluval 107 canister filter that I turn off for as long as it takes for them to eat which is about 3 or 4 minutes.
I love Harlequin Rasbora but don't have any at the moment. How many do you have in what size tank? I love the idea of them shimmering in the daylight, but do you get algae with that setup? Any pictures?

Attachments

• 39F87694-FEED-4C97-AE04-5F7925A2CCA7.jpeg
    39F87694-FEED-4C97-AE04-5F7925A2CCA7.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 49
  • B4A5D0B4-7297-42A4-9807-4C461989C300.jpeg
    B4A5D0B4-7297-42A4-9807-4C461989C300.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 67496482-C5B4-401A-B3C0-9DDB507E7549.jpeg
    67496482-C5B4-401A-B3C0-9DDB507E7549.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 2F1C42E7-C181-44E0-AA08-215710B702D7.jpeg
    2F1C42E7-C181-44E0-AA08-215710B702D7.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Really? I can't believe I missed that. What thread was that in?
It was a new member who started a thread asking about which species of fish to use for a fish-in cycle. When told he should do a fishless cycle so no fish would be harmed he said
Apparently I joined a liberal panzy ass group. I am out.
He was only on the forum for one day :)

Last edited:
It was a new member who started a thread asking about which species of fish to use for a fish-in cycle. When told he should do a fishless cycle so no fish would be harmed he said

Into every life, a troll must stroll. Fish often get little respect, trolls have no respect. Now having 'said' that, you can do a fish in cycle [so to speak]...my friend Byron does it all the time - lots of plants and just a small fish or two...and the cycle just happens. I personally have done many 'instant' cycles using beneficial bacteria from another healthy tank...but that's a tale for another time,

Here's the full thread

That's pretty funny. I always miss the good stuff.

Hi everyone!
I thought it would be fun to start this thread. What are your favorite and least favorite things about fish keeping?
I’ll start.
My favorite things are decorating the tank and watching the fish. It’s so peaceful!

I don’t like fish diseases and injuries, though. They either make me sad or grossed out. For example, when my guppy’s lips were peeling, it was disgusting. After a day she was back to normal, but disgusting! The other guppies didn’t even go near her! When a Cory gets sick, it’s sad because... they’re cories! Those wittle guys are so adorable!
The end! I hope this doesn’t exist already!
One of my favorite things to do is watching plants grow over time. I'm not sure why, but it's just so cool to see my water sprites growing new leaves so quickly. Like, every day they're different. Also I kind of like scraping algae of the glass with the scraper :)

My least favorite thing is when I don't know what to do. I'm relatively new to fishkeeping, so sometimes I run into situations where I'm totally stumped, or I screw something up, and I'm scared for the health of my fish. I ask the forum of course, but it sucks that I don't have the experience that everyone else here has.

I have an internal sponge filter as well as an internal filter with 3 layers, I haven't had to clean the song filter in the 3 months I've had it but I've had to clean the internal before I put the fish in. that was a mission.

cleaning filters sucks.
I also hate losing shrimp I think they have all been eaten.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back