Fatty platy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fish Gran

Reaction score
Hi there, I’m new to keeping tropical fish and have noticed my female platy looks like she has a swollen belly. She’s no problem swimming and eating normally. I can’t see any change in her scales either. Could she have been pregnant before I got her? Or is this the start of swim bladder? The top photo is her today and the bottom one was taken 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 7C6145B5-BE5E-4D77-80CA-68FD49571A7F.jpeg
    7C6145B5-BE5E-4D77-80CA-68FD49571A7F.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 119
Did you have any indication of her being in with males when you got her? They should let you know, but if she was they can actually store sperm and decide to get pregnant when they feel safe and want to. How suddenly did this happen?

looks like a boy platy but the pic is a bit blurry so could be a girl with her anal fin tucked up.

Looks like a male to me too

Did you have any indication of her being in with males when you got her? They should let you know, but if she was they can actually store sperm and decide to get pregnant when they feel safe and want to. How suddenly did this happen?
he was in a mixed tank and I noticed the change in shape about 4 days ago

If he’s male, does that mean he might be sick? Thanks so much for the comments
It might. He may just be bloated. Try fasting him for 3 days and then feeding him a cooked shelled pea. Cook the pea in the microwave in a cup of aquarium water

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back