Fat Or Constipated Angelfish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
One of the four angels I have in my 55g seems fat but I'm not sure if its just fat or constipated. So how do I tell the difference? I saw it poop alittle bit today but thats it. How many days should I fast it if its constipated? I have already decided not to feed them today but should I continue not feeding them for a couple more days?

if it is constipated feed it a cooked garden (not processed) pea
this will act as a laxative and clear the blockage
(noted by a string of green poo)

I don't have any green peas, well I used to but my grandmother said I was just experimenting with the fish and she ate them so I couldn't use them.

I have to save all my money for when I go to new york with a class of mine in a few months.

I paid $.99 for a bag of frozen peas at the supermarket, and that's like quality baby peas. I eat some and the bettas get the some. They actually taste much better than the canned variety, are not processed, and taste awesome with a little butter and bacon. Tell your mom you want peas next time you go grocery shopping, she'll like you for wanting to eat vegetables. Then hide a bunch in a plastic bag and stick it in the freezer. It's not like your angelfish will go through a whole bag of peas all at once. :lol:

Well my mom knows I hate vegetibles and fruits so she wouldn't get it nor would she let me get it. The angel has skinned back up to normal.

Hello

Is it a Female Fish? is it over 6 months old?

Females will get fat with eggs about every 10 to 14 days, the larger the fish the fatter it will get.

you may never see her lay the eggs, as other fish in the tank will eat them.

Hello

Females will get fat with eggs about every 10 to 14 days, the larger the fish the fatter it will get.

That was going to be my guess, but I just wanted to bug Durbkat about peas and vegetables. He understands my cruel sense of humor. :lol:

C'mon, Durbkat, try 'em, you know you'll like 'em! Growing boys need vegetables!

Hello

That was going to be my guess, but I just wanted to bug Durbkat about peas and vegetables. He understands my cruel sense of humor. :lol:

C'mon, Durbkat, try 'em, you know you'll like 'em! Growing boys need vegetables!
Nah!!! All I need is chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and some italian and mexican and thats all I need to grow. 8)

I have no idea what the sex of the angel is because its only around the size of a nickel so thats to young to be able to sex it yet.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back