🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Lizi_angelfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
IMG_7185_zps88c578f1.jpg

This is Brian two weeks ago...

7317ED63-9427-4B60-8CB7-1D1202F1E3B8-1845-000001A02C08EFBF_zps50b0a35f.jpg

And this is him now.

I think he looks slightly rotund!! We feed them once a day (feed them twice maybe once a week). We have six endlers and four guppies and would feed them 5-6 large flake a day. Then twice a week the tank gets a chopped up pea and once a week dried bloodworm substituted for a few flakes.

They demolish the food in less than two mins so I thought we were feeding well i.e. not overfeeding!

Maybe I'm just being paranoid!

Is he fat?!

To me he looks overfed... feed him a pea & fast him for a day, see if he gets thinner. Do you soak the dried bloodworms beforehand? if not, it's really easy for the fish to get bloated because once they eat the dried bloodworm, it expands in their stomach and makes them bloated. Soak the bloodworm in tank water before you feed em.

Got to agree, he looks like he's just eating a little more than he should. Fasting one day a week, will help him clear his gut.

To many dried foods can lead to bloating, constipation.
What does it look like when your fish go to the toilet?

Don't over feed bloodworms. It can cause bloating. If you use freeze dried bloodworms feed sparingly., Also soak them in tank water before feeding to fish.

Introduce some green veg into there diet.
Sprouts, lettuce, broc, spinach, peas, green cabbage.
Frozen foods. Daphnia, bloodworms, brime shrimp, krill.

If he is a young male, it's quite common to get round belly and it means healthy. Once they are older, you can feed them all they and they stay slim really, unless they are after a bloodworm feast :lol: As suggested, feed him peas and then skip a day of eating and see what happens, but this could be just a one day thing with the belly once he passes whatever he has munched recently.

Edit: Judging by the tail lenght and dorsal fin he could be quite young and has more to grow.

Thanks for the replies.

It's interesting because the others aren't like that so I think he's munching a lot of the food. Diet it is then.

Also, thanks for the tip on soaking the bloodworm slimenemo and wilder... I didn't know that! I can feed them more veg than flake if that's better for them cos I always have greens in the house. Is it better to feed them more peas/spinach than flake? I'd almost prefer that because they enjoy fresh food so much more than flake!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back