Fat ember tetra chasing others

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

ellamay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Iā€™ve got one fat looking ember tetra chasing other ember tetras away from the middle of the tank during feeding time. Everyone else is getting along fine, itā€™s just this one thatā€™s being rude. Itā€™s also quite fat and slightly larger than the others so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a female about to lay eggs?
It doesnā€™t look very big in the photo but itā€™s definitely bigger than the others. Iā€™ve only had them for a few weeks.

Attachments

• 6F9DEF44-EE25-42A1-8655-14A0962D512A.png
    6F9DEF44-EE25-42A1-8655-14A0962D512A.png
    576.6 KB · Views: 125
I've had a shoal of this species over many years, and never observed any issues involving aggression beyond normal characin behaviours (challenging, display, spawning, etc). Given the surface level plant thickets, I would think all of the Embers will easily get what food they need so I wouldn't worry.

Sorry, looks like Iā€™ve posted this thread twice by accident! I canā€™t work out how to delete so if an admin could delete one for me please ?

I've had a shoal of this species over many years, and never observed any issues involving aggression beyond normal characin behaviours (challenging, display, spawning, etc). Given the surface level plant thickets, I would think all of the Embers will easily get what food they need so I wouldn't worry.
Thatā€™s a relief. I researched for months making sure all the fish I was getting would work in a peaceful community so I think I panicked a bit when it looked like they were fighting! I wonder if itā€™s just as theyā€™ve aged a bit more theyā€™re just challenging eachother a bit more then? This big one has been chasing the smaller ones for a few hours now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back