Video Fancy Guppy Tail Rot?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Salt will not affect the crayfish but crayfish will attack fish at night time and could be the cause of the damaged tail.

I do not recommend keeping crayfish or big species of shrimp (Macrobrachium species) with fish because the crustaceans are nocturnal and will eat anything they can catch.

---------------------
To do a water change just get a basic model gravel cleaner like the one in the following link. Use that to drain some water out and clean the substrate at the same time.
https://www.about-goldfish.com/aquarium-cleaning.html

If you have a huge tank you can make a gravel cleaner from a 1.5 or 2 litre plastic drink bottle and a garden hose or length of clear plastic hose. Cut the bottom off the bottle and remove the lid and throw those bits away. Stick the garden hose in the top of the bottle and run the hose out the door. Use the bottle as the gravel cleaner and drain the tank down. Then refill the tank with dechlorinated water.

As long as you leave enough water in the bottom of the tank for the fish to swim about they will be fine with a 50-75% water change. Just don't chase them around or stress them out and they will usually be fine.

If you make up the new water before draining the tank, then you can fill the tank straight after draining it and the fish won't be in shallow water for as long.[/QUOTE when I do the water change, how do I know If other fish will die like my last water change wear I lost two fish? I’m really trying to be safe here.

You should be changing 75% of the water at least once a week.

What water conditioner do you use?

API de chlorinater with aloe verra for stress. I also have a standard dechlorinatir by API. I used the aloe verra one for my most recent water change.

Forget the Aloe Vera, it has no use in an aquarium all you are doing is wasting money.

Forget the Aloe Vera, it has no use in an aquarium all you are doing is wasting money.
Ok I just got it because when I first added my fish they were stressed and that helped out. I can use the other one again.

I understand why you got it but trust me when I say the stuff is rubbish, there is nothing Aloe Vera can do that lots of clean water can't do.

I understand why you got it but trust me when I say the stuff is rubbish, there is nothing Aloe Vera can do that lots of clean water can't do.
So you recommend 75% everyday for a week or just through out the week?

You need to do a 75% water change once a week for life

75% at a time, Never be afraid of lots of clean water.

You need to look up your water parameters on your suppliers web site, there is something else going on here. Clean fresh water will not kill fish..

Ok
How big is the tank.
When you clean it tell me exactly what you do.
How much dechlorinator do you use
How long do you let the new water sit before adding it to the tank? Yes yes manufacturers of dechlorinators claim they instantly deal with this or that but I dont trust them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back