Fallen - Lauren Kate

BethK

Rattie tat tat
Reaction score
Every now and then, I become 'self-hooked' on a book series. After Kelley Armstrong's hiatus, I was left mulling over my options. I love curling up with a good supernatural type book, Twilight series was ok but didn't hit that niche, Kelley Armstrong hit me hard. She has all the vital ingredients that any lass could want :lol:

So, I was wondering which way to turn, vampires were just doing my nut in.....everyone is writing about them! Then I remembered that a friend brought me a book for my birthday. I have a lot of books, at last count, 143 diff fictional supernatural types :blush:

I started reading 'Fallen' on Sunday night and wrapped it up Tuesday evening, much to my dismay :sad:

What is fallen about? Well,it's about a 17yr old girl called Lucinda (Luce for short), who is sent to a reform school in Savannah. She claims to see dark shadows, that follow her, torment her. Parents and dr's put it down to schizophrenia, doped her up to the 9's on drugs etc. Then the worst thing happens, the guy she fancies, dies in a fire and Luce is to blame, only, she doesn't remember a thing...........role on her enrollment at 'Sword & Cross', a school for the social retarded delinquents. She meets some right characters that will make you giggle, whilst learning more about Luce.

Trouble soon comes in a package or two............in the names of Daniel and Cam..........Daniel she feels she knows or knew and is attracted to him, like a magnet, even though he treats her like rubbish. Cam, well, he is the gentlemen, gifts galore, all the right words............but who is the right one?

Luce soon finds herself in the middle of an ancient war between good and evil, the fallen angels! But what she fails to realize is that, she is the vital piece in this feud.........

I love young adult books, think they capture the best of both worlds and if this is the sort of story you are after, buy it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back