Fall Season Means Leaf Litter!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Fall is in the air and it is the perfect time to go hunting for leaf litter for your fish tank. Many tropical fish enjoy the benefits and environment of leaf litter. We have all heard of using Indian Almond Leaves or Catappa leaves. Did you know you can get the same benefits from some leaf litter on the ground? Oak, Hornbeam, Beech, Silver Birch, Sycamore, Hazel, Mulberry, and Plane Tree are all great. In fact, most any leaf that does not have a white milky substance in them should be safe. Just be sure the leaves are pesticide free. Many of these leaves help fight fungus and bacteria in your aquarium. Best part, they're free! So grab a bag and collect your leaves while they are falling. Allow them to dry out completely in a shallow box. Wash them or boil them before use. Most tropical, betta, and even Killifish love them.

Last edited:
Tell me about it! I have so many leafs in my yard! :rolleyes:

Speaking of hunting, I will be going deer hunting tomorrow ! I can’t wait! :)

Speaking of hunting, I will be going deer hunting tomorrow ! I can’t wait! :)
AHHHH, why?

If it's for food then ok but shoot straight. If it's for sport and just to blast something, go do paint ball and shoot something that shoots back.

AHHHH, why?

If it's for food then ok but shoot straight. If it's for sport and just to blast something, go do paint ball and shoot something that shoots back.
No, totally for the meat, not for sport. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back