Fairy Shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
brine shrimp is crustaceans like crab and shrimp?
Yes, ALL shrimp are crustaceans. Shrimp are shrimp although there are different species. Shrimp, lobsters, crayfish are all crustaceans. I THINK, but don't know for fact, that pretty much any aquatic critter with an exoskeleton is a crustacean. There are many types of crustaceans but they all have similar aspects such as the exoskeleton.

Just in case not known exoskeleton just means that the structural 'bones' are on the outside instead of inside like mammals.

Thank you jaylach.
:fish:
They some how look beautiful and delicious.....

090-0.jpg

Thank you jaylach.
:fish:
They some how look beautiful and delicious.....

View attachment 313723
Yes, many types of shrimp are REALLY pretty but one has to be careful as to adding to a tank with other types of critters as other critters/fish may well see the shrimp as food and eat them. For instance, while there may be exceptions, I would never put any shrimp in a tank that also had cichlids. I would think that the cichlids would just see the shrimp as food.

Delicious? Yes, to humans, many types of shrimp are. Unfortunately they are also quite tasty to many fish.

Yes, many types of shrimp are REALLY pretty but one has to be careful as to adding to a tank with other types of critters as other critters/fish may well see the shrimp as food and eat them. For instance, while there may be exceptions, I would never put any shrimp in a tank that also had cichlids. I would think that the cichlids would just see the shrimp as food.

Delicious? Yes, to humans, many types of shrimp are. Unfortunately they are also quite tasty to many fish.
Yes, same thoughts.

The local creature called "fairy shrimp" are one cm and dull brown. 800 km east, they were twice the size and only hatched out when the water was cold, after the snow melt. If you brought them into a 19 degree house, they died from the heat. There are so many creatures called fairy shrimp out there...

All the ones I've caught have been great fish food for appropriately sized fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back