Fab. Fry Feed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bradley

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Brine shrimp are excellent food for all fish, especially fry. I've fed my fry with them for a while and WOW!, there is a huge difference. I actually cunducted an experiment. I fed 1 dozen guppy fry with plain flakes, and another dozen just brine shrimp. The results were amazing! After only 16 days, the fry fed with shrimp already had their colous coming through and were entering adult stage over 3 weeks earlier than those fed with plain flakes.
Brine Shrimp are easily bred, taking only 18-40 hours to be fully hatched. Although they are not the cheapest source of food(depending on what brand you buy, $8 canadian for 3 packs), they are well worth it. Each of the packs i buy can produce about,with no exageration, 100,000-500,000 eggs. The eggs are extremely small though, maybe only a 20th the size of a grain of sand. One word of advice, dont buy pre-grown, frozen shrimp, they are not as nutritious(or fun) as growing your own. If you want to buy them, ask for "brine shrimp eggs" or they will give you frozen. If you have any questions, plz feel free to ask!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back