Eyebiter compatibility?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Samsbichir

Reaction score
I have a 100g running on an fx6 with 1 hujeta pike, 1 senegal bichir and 7 silver dollars. Im wondering if i can add an eyebiter into the mix...ibe never kept african cichlids before so i would be thankful for any advice!

Sent from my LG-H959 using Tapatalk

Simple answer: yes. an fx6 pumps out 925 gallons per hour. That would be more than enough to filter your tank plus 3 more. (Btw, love the idea of a senegal bichir in there as well.) If you want to get away with an eyebiter, I would put it in a separate tank, if you have one big enough, that faces your 100g. Just for a couple of days. After that, you should be able to add it to your tank, but if it is being aggressive, repeat the process. I did this with my gourami (I know, big difference) and it was a world of a difference to the fish.
You have plenty of space, so I wouldn't worry about that, just make sure that you have plenty or tall rocks and maybe a cave, so that the fish can reclaim territories over time.
I hope this helps.

~Sege

No, period. The rift lake cichlid Dimidiochromis compressiceps is not a community fish with what you already have. Keep it on its own, and given its size of 9-12 inches it needs a very long tank, 6 feet not being really adequate. It likes to swim, so open space too. It is an ambush predator. Aside from all this, the water requirements idffer; rift lake fish require moderately hard or harder water, the opposite of silver dollars that need soft water, and the bichir is closer to soft than the rift lake.

Byron.

Well...looks like i cant have an eyebiter then...thanks for the advice!

Sent from my LG-H959 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back