Extreme Fishing

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Nick16

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Extreme fishing with robson green. channel 5 (uk), mondays at 9pm. (could change in the future)

so whos whatching? found it facinating today with the arowana and the arapima, and i like robson himself, hes a bit of a nutter.

i personally have no problem with the catching, (be it by net, rod or harpoon) and the killing of the fish as i know they do eat them and are fishing sustainbly. one fish caught on a line is nothing when trawlers are chaing tons of the stuff!
i like fishing and hunting myself so i really enjoy his programme.

any thoughts, opinions and general chit chat are welcome.
please keep it clean and dont turn it into an ethical battle of whether killing fish is 'humane' etc etc.

I loved the last season and pretty gutted Ill miss this one - the house Im in atm does not have freeview,sky or even ITV haha.

I dont have a problem with fishing like this especially in the amazon the natives hunt so many fish the amount that are exported is so small in comparison - especially rays and big plecs. A lot of tribes in the Amazon use a plant that when soaked and smashed enough creates cyanide then they dump it in the water and gather the dead fish.

But yeah no problem with what he does at the end of the day he respects the creatures and often with the big ones he puts them back.

One thing I would love to know would be his reaction to the monsters he fishes availability in the hobby today I remember one program where he caught so many amazing monsters but you could still garuntee you could walk to a shop and buy those fish with ease.

Wills

Its a great program. watched all the last series. Im not sure if i like him hes a bit of a weird one. The killing the fish doesnt really bother me because like you said they normally eat them.

River monster is coming on again soon aswell thats an amazing show.

yeah, the piranha habitat was amazing, so surreal.

i was just laughing when he caught 6 arowanas in 6 minutes. its that easy and yet we pay hundreds of pounds for one in the uk. very strange.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back