External Filters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DE_Tank

Reaction score
I have a 125l community tank soon to be fully stocked what external filters do you recommend currently using the internal filter that came with the fluval Roma 125l it does a good job but another forum suggested switching to an external and I have no knowledge or experience with them

Hi,

So why are you wanting to move towards an external filter?

While there are many merits of external filters, at they end of the day they can end up being big boxes of fish waste.

Can you tell us a little bit more on your stocking, routine ect and we can help to see if a external filter might be of use to you :)

I always prefer external to internal. The Oase Biomasters are really nice as they are super easy to maintain thanks to a separate pre-filter and they have the heater in the filter meaning you save space on the tank, if you put some glass or steel lilly pipes on then it makes for a really nice minimal tank too.

Wills

I have a 125l community tank soon to be fully stocked what external filters do you recommend currently using the internal filter that came with the fluval Roma 125l it does a good job but another forum suggested switching to an external and I have no knowledge or experience with them

Hello. I have that exact same set up. I like it but I have been contemplating going external. I decided against it for now, because of the danger of leaks, and space in the cabinet storage underneath the tank, I like to use that space for other tank essentials. Also I find the U3 easy to maintain etc. And now I have resolved my tap water nitrate issue, I no longer need to worry about extra filter media. However I would like more room in the tank, so could be persuaded to go external ;-)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back