External Aquarium Heaters

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hey,

I have a 300w Hydor external and its really quite good.

Discrete, reliable, easy to connect, auto switch off when no water is running through it (so no exploding heaters) I ran it alongside my internal for a few weeks, just incase, but switched off the internal a week or so ago, and temp is nice and steady.

Also, gives the tank a nice even heat - as the outflow is heated through the spraybar, rather than radiating from one place

Hasnt impacted flow from my TT

All in all, :good:

If you want an external heater go with Hydor, great reviews and a great heater :good:

Do they work well and have you had any problems with them, i only bought my external filter last week and i love the fact it is hidden away from view and that why i would be interested in an external heater as well. I guess my tubing is 16mm (without measuring it i am not 100%)...Cheers

No problems whatsoever so far, The 200W is for 12mm pipe and the 300W is for 16mm pipe :good:

But I beleive you can also buy the 200W to fit 16mm pipe.

Cheers Livewire88, Yes my pipe is definitely 16mm internal measurement (20mm external)so a 300w would be fine for myself....Thanks

I have used both heaters and currently use the Hydor external 200, and i say it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's a little cumbersome, but it leaves your tank clutter free. As for the Fluval...i used that for 2 weeks and couldn't get my water up to the correct heat. It also kept flashing with the same warning as BBA. When you're trying to watch your fish and plants theres nothing like a red flashing LED to put you off.

i have a hydor external heater and couldnt be happier, it heats my tank very evenly and makes the tank nice and tidy. i think they are well priced aswell

Hey,

I have a 300w Hydor external and its really quite good.

Discrete, reliable, easy to connect, auto switch off when no water is running through it (so no exploding heaters) I ran it alongside my internal for a few weeks, just incase, but switched off the internal a week or so ago, and temp is nice and steady.

Also, gives the tank a nice even heat - as the outflow is heated through the spraybar, rather than radiating from one place

Hasnt impacted flow from my TT

All in all, :good:

Thanks jojouk, Thanks for that, i am actually not running a spray bar i am just running a straight input downpipe (same as the output downpipe on the external filter) i wonder if it will give the same results as running a spray bar, i am guessing it will...Cheers

I have used both heaters and currently use the Hydor external 200, and i say it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's a little cumbersome, but it leaves your tank clutter free. As for the Fluval...i used that for 2 weeks and couldn't get my water up to the correct heat. It also kept flashing with the same warning as BBA. When you're trying to watch your fish and plants theres nothing like a red flashing LED to put you off.

Thanks for the reply, it says you are best to use them standing upright, is there a bracket of any description with the heater so i could fasten it onto the rear of my cabinet then connect the pipes onto it, so it is actually standing pretty upright...Cheers

Anyone ever tried one of these hydro ETH-300 external heaters, i did not even know they made external heaters :blush:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYDOR-EXTERNAL-HEATER-ETH300-300w-16mm-/250956676520?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3a6e2efda8

hi ive just set up a new tank with that external heater works amazing heated tank in just 4 hours that a 190 l tank, only had one problem which was it slighly leaked on one of the hoses but soon sorted with some puf tape hope this helps you

Anyone ever tried one of these hydro ETH-300 external heaters, i did not even know they made external heaters :blush:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYDOR-EXTERNAL-HEATER-ETH300-300w-16mm-/250956676520?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3a6e2efda8

hi ive just set up a new tank with that external heater works amazing heated tank in just 4 hours that a 190 l tank, only had one problem which was it slighly leaked on one of the hoses but soon sorted with some puf tape hope this helps you

Cheers Matty, well i have just gone and bought the ETH300-300w heater from Ebay for £28 (free postage),accepted my lower offer. I am happy with the price and paid and look forward to it arriving.

cheers going to try and get it for £28 as well :D dose anyone know if they fit onto the hose pipe of the tetra EX1200? i think there 15.5mm piping roughly i think :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back