External Aquarium Heaters

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

welshviking

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone ever tried one of these hydro ETH-300 external heaters, i did not even know they made external heaters :blush:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYDOR-EXTERNAL-HEATER-ETH300-300w-16mm-/250956676520?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3a6e2efda8

I've not tried it but I've been informed there dodgy the fluval e heaters are amazing tho :D if you do go for it let me know of its gd would be nice to get a external Heater :D

If you want an external heater go with Hydor, great reviews and a great heater :good:

I've not tried it but I've been informed there dodgy the fluval e heaters are amazing tho :D if you do go for it let me know of its gd would be nice to get a external Heater :D

Just interested as i came upon them in a general search on google, yes i have looked at the Fluval ones as well and they look superb, but have got a couple of dodgy reviews on the net, although saying that only a couple out of probably hundreds of reviews is no too bad ..here they are if you folks do not know what we mean

http://www.fluvalblog.com/heaters/e-series/

If you want an external heater go with Hydor, great reviews and a great heater :good:

Do they work well and have you had any problems with them, i only bought my external filter last week and i love the fact it is hidden away from view and that why i would be interested in an external heater as well. I guess my tubing is 16mm (without measuring it i am not 100%)...Cheers

Yes I wondered about ye dodgy reviews too took the risk but I got to admit its gd the temp I set it, is actualy the temp of the water rather than the other standerd heaters where I set ten at 30 and it barley goes to 25 :( lol hands up to fluval but if anyone out there got hudro let us know please :D

Alot of people have the Hydor external heaters and rate them very highly indeed. Most reviews i have read about the Fluval heaters complain about them always showing that there isn't enough flow, even when the heater is next to the output of an FX5 etc.

Welp, I just took the plunge and ordered a Hydor external heater. I read all the customer reviews and it looks like only one person didn't like it, someone trying to raise the temp above 65 in their 65º garage. But we'll see. I have a 20g tank that just won't keep a consistent temp, and rather than buying yet another ugly, internal heater I thought I'd give this one a go. *crossing fingers*

Raaaage

LF= low flow drives me insane...maybe i should add another tetratec in the tank maybe 3 1200 is enough for LF :grr: :angry:

I saw these when I was buying my heater for my new fluval chi. May look at them for a ten gsllon either betta or qt tank.

Raaaage

LF= low flow drives me insane...maybe i should add another tetratec in the tank maybe 3 1200 is enough for LF :grr: :angry:

That is what is really putting me off getting a fluval e300, i have got 2 airstones but have not got a spraybay on my external filter output (just a standard downpipe)so my water flow is not exactly fast flowing so i think i would have major problems with "LOW FLOW" ...Getting pushed towards the Hydro external more !!!!

Hydor External Heater FTW :good:

I will have a 200W Hydor External Heater for sale as soon as I buy a new piece of filter pipe for the EX700. Who wants first dibs on it? lol

Do they work well and have you had any problems with them, i only bought my external filter last week and i love the fact it is hidden away from view and that why i would be interested in an external heater as well. I guess my tubing is 16mm (without measuring it i am not 100%)...Cheers

No problems whatsoever so far, The 200W is for 12mm pipe and the 300W is for 16mm pipe :good:

But I beleive you can also buy the 200W to fit 16mm pipe.

Raaaage

That is what is really putting me off getting a fluval e300, i have got 2 airstones but have not got a spraybay on my external filter output (just a standard downpipe)so my water flow is not exactly fast flowing so i think i would have major problems with "LOW FLOW" ...Getting pushed towards the Hydro external more !!!!

to be fair the heater is very accurate and water temp is very stable, they just need an option to tun off LF or just leave it off the next model

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back