exspensive day!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

chris allsop

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
In the last few days excluding today ive spent about £170 :blink: :eek: on variuse things like two new corals for my reef, loads of plants for my discus tank, co2 unit extra lights and tubes, plant food etc. Today i wanted to get a betta male as ive seen so many nice ones on here, ive not kept one for a few years. I decided to get 2 females as well to cheer him up.

My girlfriends discus died the other day, it looked stunted and skinny since we got it, looking back it was a bad buy.
Any way the shop were we went today specialize in ALL tropicals and thats it espeicailly discus, she siad she wanted to replace her discus and beens as i did not buy her any thing for easter i should buy her one, she chose a virgin rose, ive never saw or heard of them b4 but they are nice, so not wanting the fish to be the only new discus, out of the goodness of my heart i had to buy another one to keep it company!!!

I chose a blue and red snake skin, ive already got one from the same batch but they are soooo amazing i had to have another!!
Another £80 :-( :hyper: .

I dont know if its a good or bad thing the other half like my hobby!!!!?

Im so glad im working all next week!!!

Think i will collect stamps for my next hobby!!!!!!!!!!

Goda go now to rob a bank! :rofl:

I know how you feel...i don't want to even imagine the amount of cash i've spent on my fish...Must be at least a £1000 :eek: :hyper: :whistle: !

I know how it feels...

I started working at my local fish shop on Monday 21st, and even though i decided i was only going to get a new filter, i still ended up buying fish!

Ive so far spent £170... Got an Eheim 2217 External Filter (like i planned), an extra intake for the filter...that was £100 with extra bits

Then i got a "True" Syno. Petricola, a Banjo Cat and a large piece of bogwood with plants already growing on it for another £70..

I can tell i shall continue to spend, just hopefully not too much too fast!

Ben

Going down to my lfs has now become a trial of self discipline and faith...must not buy anymore fish, must not buy anymore fish....If anyone ever tells you that keeping fish are cheap they are so wrong!

I'm approx $1,500 into my Oscar pond and it's not finished yet.... plus I have 125G set up, 55G set up and 29G set up... If I ever tallied up all I've spent on tanks and equipment alone I'd be soooo depressed... so I don't :p

hell i told my son we'd get fish cos we could'nt afford a puppy, dammit!!! we coulda bought a dozen of the little buggers by now!!! but i enjoy it more than having to scrape s**t off my grass and the are much prettier!!

Spose its better to be addicted to fish than be addicted to drugs!

that what my mum tells me anyway

this is true! besides, drugs aren't going to look up at you soulfully and beg for bloodworms every morning...

...and if they ever do, you should enter rehab immediately. :lol:

for a while i tried keeping track of my fish expenses on a spreadsheet, but it just got depressing. at least i've got my guppies to trade; that makes it a little less painful.

Twice a week I go to my lfs to buy shrimp for my fire eel. Before I go, I empty my purse of any extra cash, all credit cards and cheque books. All I go with is the money for the shrimp - Ie learnt from the past that that is the only way to go there. I swear the owner's eyes have £ signs in them when he see me - it's even got to the stage where he phones if there's anything new "interesting" in :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back