Exploding fish tank.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I was eyeing a bow front but I shall pass. I am glad there is no damage to your home and the fish are okay, well done for not freaking out. I have two dogs and a cat so I can't even imagine the mayhem a broken fish tank would have caused.

The combined forces of glass and water would have a serious impact on ones health if they were peering through the glass at the fish at that time.
That’s good that the damage was just a rug.

Note to self, no bowfront tanks. I know they are prone to leaks after several years, but hadn't heard about something like this first hand. I am glad all the fish (and furniture) are okay.

I was eyeing a bow front but I shall pass. I am glad there is no damage to your home and the fish are okay, well done for not freaking out. I have two dogs and a cat so I can't even imagine the mayhem a broken fish tank would have caused.

You are both wise to avoid them if this sort of thing, or even just leaks, is more likely. This wasn't a purchase I made at the time, my girlfriend bought it me for my 35th birthday and while the setup was arguably the most attractive of all my tanks I was never a fan of the curve. Some people love it, but it always felt like a gimmick to me and I won't be getting another for sure.
The combined forces of glass and water would have a serious impact on ones health if they were peering through the glass at the fish at that time.
That’s good that the damage was just a rug.

I consider myself lucky to of been sitting about 15 feet away, if I'd of been closer I'd of had to change my underwear as well as clean up the floor. And of course there was the risk of serious injury. Haha

Geeze. Im so sorry!
Are you just going to replace the tank? Did you put the fish in another tank?

A friend gave me a 40 gallon, so they are OK in that for right now. I may consider getting something larger for the space at some point but I can guarantee it won't be bow fronted.

A friend gave me a 40 gallon, so they are OK in that for right now. I may consider getting something larger for the space at some point but I can guarantee it won't be bow fronted.
That's nice of them! Exactly how many rainbows do you have?

I am so glad the fish are fine! What an experience it must have been having a flood at your house! I also once had a flood but not with 50 gallons, goodness! With a 28 gallon. Very glad you got it under control!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back