Experience of In-Line Heaters?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Linkandnavi

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Morning all,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of in-line heaters? I'm thinking in particular something like the Aquael Flow Inline. They seem like an inherently neat way of heating the aquarium without unsightly heaters in the tank itself, but there seems to be fairly little information by way of reviews and so on that I can find. As much as I like the idea, reliability is paramount so if I'm better off opting for tried and trusted submersibles then that's the way to go.

Thanks.

Can't comment on the Aquael (their stuff is generally good) but I ran a Hydor for 15 years with no issues. It's still in my garage but I stopped using canisters ;)

+1 on the Hydor, I've got one running on a 40B, going on 8 years now...works great, steady temp

Do in-lines have any special requirements as far as maintenance? Not that i can change heater mountings right now, but there's something elegant about mounting it in my cabinet.

Can't comment on the Aquael (their stuff is generally good) but I ran a Hydor for 15 years with no issues. It's still in my garage but I stopped using canisters ;)
Thanks. I'll do some research into the Hydors ?

Do in-lines have any special requirements as far as maintenance? Not that i can change heater mountings right now, but there's something elegant about mounting it in my cabinet.
Not really, just clean periodically when you clean your filter/hoses...

That's good to hear. I assumed that it would be like having an inline UV sterilizer.

Nah, the heaters are pretty much just a cylinder/barrel that the water passes through...

UV sterilizers work the same way and for best function the one I had needed to be cleaned a LOT.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back