Expensive?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rogue4Fish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Do betta's generally vary in price due to their grade?

I've found a nice one on ebay, but the sale is a for a pair! No idea why...

He's very pretty tho!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Betta-Siamese-Fighting-Fish-Pair-Mithril-Half-Moon-/260751370346?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3cb5fe286a

Yes they can be expensive. My LFS sells '24 Carat Gold Crowntail Betta' for £35

there price depends on tail type and colour, VT's are very cheap as they are 'mutts', i think Halfmoons are the most pricey, a nice colour like that one will be more, i recently paid £15 for a Platinum white female Halfmoon, i just had to have her :blush:

i suppose ther worth as much as your willing to pay

I would like him, he is pretty, I just don't need the female. Nor would I know what to do with 1 solitary female either...

you could try messaging him and asking if he would consider seperating them, or if he has a similar male available?

They are normally sold in pairs of matching colours for breeding. It is uncommon for a "normal" person to get such fancy Bettas, but it is definitely worth asking the seller if he will split them up.

Yeah, i'm just floating idea's around in my head at the moment.

I have a nano tank which is sitting under the table, which i'm sure I could put to some better use! :D

They are normally sold in pairs of matching colours for breeding. It is uncommon for a "normal" person to get such fancy Bettas.

Yip, I guessed that. Not my interest tho! Seems like too much hard work lol

Breeding pairs can get really expensive, I've noticed, but the fancier males can sometimes fetch quite a price on their own, as well.

My Crowntail Betta was £7, which is about normal for a single Crowntail with his colouring. But like lilfishie pointed out, they can be £15 and upwards if they're the kind of fish people would want for breeding, so it just depends on that really!

i normally wouldn't have paid that for any betta let alone a female, but she is perfect for my breeding plans

there price depends on tail type and colour, VT's are very cheap as they are 'mutts', i think Halfmoons are the most pricey, a nice colour like that one will be more, i recently paid £15 for a Platinum white female Halfmoon, i just had to have her :blush:

Lol shall I tell you how much I paid for mine?

Basically the bigger tail and the fancier colours the more expensive the fish!

Paid average of £8 for mine and I am just going to be breeding "mutts" that and I like saving my Bettas from petstores

Go on tell :shifty:

well i got my white DT for £3.95 from my local store, hes even imported from Thailand :hyper:

Got my DTPK male for £1.75 :lol: he was brought as a she :D

Go on tell :shifty:

well i got my white DT for £3.95 from my local store, hes even imported from Thailand :hyper:

Got my DTPK male for £1.75 :lol: he was brought as a she :D

About £3 lol, there were two in the tank too but I only had space for one more.

Do betta's generally vary in price due to their grade?

I've found a nice one on ebay, but the sale is a for a pair! No idea why...

He's very pretty tho!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Betta-Siamese-Fighting-Fish-Pair-Mithril-Half-Moon-/260751370346?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3cb5fe286a

I won these fish on e-bay last night! Your link shows that they were originally up for a buy it now price of £29.99 I didn't see that ad. I have just paid £4.20 for the pair (plus postage). No idea why the seller removed the buy it now option and went for bids? They certainly look like a lovely pair and I can't wait until they arrive.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back