Exctinction

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It could always be a great way of saying rabbits.

Rtbs might make more sense. For that it could be "real time billing system" or "red tail black shark". So the shark thing could make sense.

Animals which ARE extinct:
I'm gonna have to go with a type of whale on this one. Either Ambulocetus, Maiacetus or Rodhocetus. Simply because of the amazing evolutionary tale they show. These whales were not only semiterrestrial (or should I say semi aquatic) but also had arms/front legs. They were alive 45-50 million years ago. And evolved into our whales. By the time evolution reached the Basilosaurus about 38 million years ago the arms had morphed into flippers/fins.

Very interesting point, I remember watching this on the whale autopsy in Ireland I think it was. A woman from America flew over to disect a whale to search for this bone/organ to help prove its evolutionary past. Was a very interesting watch, sad to see such a large animal beached, However I see plenty of them walking in the streets of liverpool so the Whales are doing fine.

An animal I would of like to have seen? Sabre Toothed Tiger or the Wooly Mammoth. Animals I'm sad that they've become extinct recently? Maybe the Javan tiger?

The Velociraptor! In fact all the dinosaurs! Oh and dragons!

Alessa .

Care to expand on that point?

They actually found a real mother dragon encased in ice with her daughter. They had been preserved because they were encased completely in ice. They were the only dragons ever found but they were hidden well behind walls of ice in a cave of ice. They had to dig through the ice to find them. The wounds on the dragon showed both dragon had been killed because they were stabbed with spears. They then became encases in ice and preserved.

Alessa x.

Do you have a link to this? Or any journal/scientific articles out of interest?

I think you might be getting confused with the Discovery/Animal Planet channel 'hoax' show called, Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real.

It was indeed a documentary on how dragons could have possibly been real and how they could have worked. Not that they had actually found any :) Fantastic programme though ^^

The Thylacine- beautiful looking creatures, such a shame that man hunted them to extinction D:

No i don't have a link. It was on TV It was called "The last dragon" It started with some hikers finding the baby one by looking through the ice in the cave and while they were checking to see if it was just a hoax, they uncovered it's mother in the ice further back.

Alessa x.

A saber tooth tiger and dinosaurs would be cool. But in a Zoo better than jurassic park cause they didn't think it through properly, too many flaws....

No i don't have a link. It was on TV It was called "The last dragon" It started with some hikers finding the baby one by looking through the ice in the cave and while they were checking to see if it was just a hoax, they uncovered it's mother in the ice further back.

Alessa x.

is it this???

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433367/

also not sure on names but some of the prehistoric fish were pretty #41#### cool

Alessa x.

I'm sorry but I might be getting confused, I get that would you like to see dragons but...

1) Do you think they once existed and were real OR

2) Know they are just fantasy, but would like them to be real

Yup thats the one :) I've seen it loads of times- it starts off with prehistoric dragons and how they might have been able to breath fire and fly. It then moves on to the "scientist/doctor" character digging in a snow covered mountain where they "discover" the bodies of the last dragons to have existed, but were killed by man. It's not real, but it's very cleaver in how they come up with ideas as to how dragons could have worked :)

Megaladon= coolest creature ever XD

It was like that but not exactly the same. I know it had "the last dragon" in the name but i don't think it was actually called that. Sorry if i confused you. I thought it was called "the last dragon" but it might have had something else in the name. I watched the trailer and it wasn't the same as that.

@ Shroob - I think they once existed.

Mystical x.

It was like that but not exactly the same. I know it had "the last dragon" in the name but i don't think it was actually called that. Sorry if i confused you. I thought it was called "the last dragon" but it might have had something else in the name. I watched the trailer and it wasn't the same as that.

@ Shroob - I think they once existed.

Mystical x.

Sorry if this is going off topic, but I'm just wondering why you believe they existed? Not trolling, but I just want to know the evidence you base this on. It would be great if dragons had existed, but the evidence overwhelmingly suggests otherwise.

I guess it also depends on what you consider to be a dragon. If it's limited only to be the type found in fairy tales or an animal closer to other lizards.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back