Excited!

GuppyLover23

Reaction score
Well after some failure with livebearers and having started over somewhat on my tank I now have two new members to my tank.....well only members right now......a parrot fish and a silver dollar. Hopefully in my 29gal tank I'll be able to add a couple more fish later, maybe another parrot. Anyways.....any way to find out the sex of the parrot?(I'm a novice at fish keeping =) ) Well hopefully with these guys it'll go more smoothly. Ta ta for now!

You've touched a sore point here with parrot fish - they're hybrids and most of this forum are very anti hybrid :nod: Not only are they hybrids, a lot of them are dyed to make the unusual colours that they come in. :crazy: There are enough beautiful fish in the waters of this world without having to make some just for the money. As you're a newbie, your mistake can be understood - I also bought hybrids unknowingly when I started. Most hybrids are sterile, so sexing the parrots is not really relevant.

:sad: That makes me feel sad. What kind of sick people have to do that to fish when they are all beautiful anyway?

Hmmm well had I known that I prolly wouldnt have bought the guy.........oh well......that is sad that people will do pretty much anything to fish to sell them to unknowing people like myself. I agree with those who dont like the idea of dyeing a fish, why tamper with what God created as beautiful in the first place. Thanks for the note. =)

Three cheers for GuppyLover23,

Great to hear of another opposed to hybrids. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

CM

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back