Exact Name

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rex740

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have been breeding these killifish for quite a bit and have been sold to me as Fp. Gardneri Lafia Gold. Recently I have seen the same fish but with a different name, Fp. Nigerianus Misaje Gold. I've heard the names are either or but I just want a definite name for my breeders, what are they?

CopyofGardneri071refined.jpg

I have been breeding these killifish for quite a bit and have been sold to me as Fp. Gardneri Lafia Gold. Recently I have seen the same fish but with a different name, Fp. Nigerianus Misaje Gold. I've heard the names are either or but I just want a definite name for my breeders, what are they?

I'm sorry I cannot help with the name of that fish, but that is most certainly a beauty!!!! :good:

I'm sorry I cannot help with the name of that fish, but that is most certainly a beauty!!!! :good:

Thanks, he's my pride and joy.

Fp. gardneri Misaje (Gold) is a little different from your fish. (in the finnage) If you got these from a reputable source then the name you were given should be correct.
I'm not a fan of colour morphs and as GAR species are hard enough at times to pin down to a geographical code/location even for the wild strains this makes it even more difficult.
Incidentally we drop the nigerianus/nigerianum part of the nomenclature these days so you fish would read
Fundulopanchax gardneri Lafia (Gold)

Regards
C

I think this guy looks more like Misaje. He has blue on his bottom fish but you can't see due to flash.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back