evolution of a 40b

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

anewbie

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
My 40b is just over 1 year old. I thought i would show these four pictures of transition - as to which is a better look well there is no better just different:

May 20 2020:
40B_may_25_2020.jpg

Dec 2020 (co2 was added at the start of dec; the lace plant turned out to be a large variety so it was pulled and put into the 120):

40b_dec_29_2020.jpg

April 2021:

1a.jpg

June 2021:

40b.jpg
--
I could probably edit this later if i can find more pictures showing a slower time line.

Last edited:
Wow really really nice tank :) I think my favourite shot is the April one just because you can see over the plants a bit you get more depth and it makes the tank look bigger

Wills

Yea every now and then i miss an egg sack and then i end up with a lot. I've given a lot away but i'm always ending up with more :(

Dang, that's alot of snails....
Whatever happened to that tank you had with the bazillion mystery snails?

I agree with Wills, tank looks amazing but the April shot has a more refined look to it due to being able to see through the middle top section. But even now the tank is awesome. I love jungle scapes that are just crazy overgrown.

The 40b had over a 100 because I've given away more than 90. Every now and then i toss a few into the 120 and occasionally they find solace for a few months but eventually the loaches hunt them down.

Yea every now and then i miss an egg sack and then i end up with a lot. I've given a lot away but i'm always ending up with more :(
I let a clutch hatch in a 10G once....ended up crashing the ph, because all of those growing shells consumed the calcium ions out of the water column...that was the theory, anyway...

I agree with Wills, tank looks amazing but the April shot has a more refined look to it due to being able to see through the middle top section. But even now the tank is awesome. I love jungle scapes that are just crazy overgrown.
See comment #8....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back